Sites for Cheap Feeders! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Talking Sites for Cheap Feeders!

Since alot of people on here have herps/reptiles, I thought it would be a good idea to share the sites we order feeders from! Ordering online in bulk is ALOT cheaper than pet stores
Post the sites you order bugs (crickets, super worms, mealies, butter worms, phoenix worms, wax worms, roaches, ect...) from, or frozen food if you have snakes.

Here is the site I just ordered my phoenic worms from:Worm Man's Worm Farm
They havent come in the mail yet, so I dont have any reviews for them. But I got 4 things of 150 small worms for $25 shipped- thats the best price I could find!
But now Im all anxious for them to come... I thought they were coming today, but apparently they havent been shipped yet!
Well, I guess you know your a reptile owner when you get excited over 600 maggots being sent to your house.

What good sites have you ordered feeders from?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

sorry mine is a vegetarian

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Having a crested gecko is so nice, their food is super cheap and they really eat next to nothing.

LOL I knew a guy that worked for a worm farm...it sounded pretty cool, really sustainable and such....He was all about it though haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Curmudgeon

Kingsnake.com is a great resource for all kinds of food vendor.

You might also check there to see if there is a reptile/exotic show near you. ou

It's pretty common to have a couple of food vendors at them.

I used Fluker farms for years with great satisfaction.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

I have been using this site...

http://www.bigappleherp.com/

It's only like $14 for 1,000 mealies. Aurora will only eat meal worms and crickets for some reason, although I'm trying to get her on super worms. Haku goes nuts for super worms...they are more expensive, around $30 for 1,000. Last time I ordered I got some wax worms for treats for them but I don't think I'll get those in bulk again, most of them died before I could feed them all.

Shipping from them is like $16 for the first box of worms and then only an additional $5 for each extra box. They ship same day if you order before like 4pm I think, and I got my order the next morning before 10am. For me it's muuch cheaper than going to the pet stores. I buy them in bulk and then keep the meal worms in the fridge so they last long, and the super worms I keep in a plastic bin and they last long that way - so I don't need to order that often

The onnly thing I didn't like, was that the boxes they shipped the worms in where sided in mesh, so you could see the worms lol. It wouldn't have been a problem normally, but my UPS guy rang the wrong door bell and my landlords live downstairs. They where pretty grossed out to see boxes full of live worms But I don't know, that might be the normal way to ship worms?

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Hello Earthling

Pangearepitle.com sells crested gecko diet I'm not sure if their cheap or not since I buy my food from a supplier here and at the reptile shows.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

For those of you who keep smaller amphibians (such as dart frogs) :

http://www.edsflymeat.com

I used to order fruit flies and springtails there . The animal that I fed springtails to passed away a year and a half ago. Without any real care, the springtail colony is still thriving . So, basically, you couldn't even kill these feeders if you tried .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Ugh, you lucky people with your vegetarian reptiles!
There arent and reptile shows in MN that Im aware of, but Id LOVE to go to one.
I found out that the Worm Man site forgot to ship my order, and now they wont be here untill Saturday!! I might ask for a discount or something...

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Hello Earthling

I would ask for a discount or at least that they throw in some extras since you were expecting them today.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Ugh, you lucky people with your vegetarian reptiles!
There arent and reptile shows in MN that Im aware of, but Id LOVE to go to one.
I found out that the Worm Man site forgot to ship my order, and now they wont be here untill Saturday!! I might ask for a discount or something...

Not sure what part of MN you live in. I know there are shows in Northern IL, and I know of one in Des Moines IA. One of those might be doable.
I'm sure there are others, just not that familiar with the Great White North.... (although I try to get to BWCA ever couple of years or so...)

You might also check with pet stores in some of the larger towns or cites. There might be a herp club, or folks who know of a show nearby.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Dang, too bad I dont live in IL anymore!
It would still be a few hours away, and were never in that area... Maybe Ill ask at the reptile store to see if they know of any.
And my mom sent the worm site a not-so-nice email (LOL!) and of course they never replied. Yesterday I acually found some reviews of the place, and alot of people said their orders just never came! So Ill be happy if I get my worms at all at this point. Really sucks, cause they were the best price I could find.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ugh thats crazy! Of course they're cheap when they're just taking money! Bummer. Looks like reviews can be helpful after all!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

The worms never came! Trying to get my money back now...

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Good luck. You'll need it.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Curmudgeon

If you pay by credit card, and don't receive the stuff you order, just call the credit card company. They can stop the payment and credit your account.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"

Tags
bug, crickets, feeder, reptiles