Stupid person at petco... - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 12:08 PM
is a little "special"

Yeah, I went to Petland quickly a few weeks ago to look for live plants, and I saw someone who was interested in a RES turtle for their 9 year old daughter... And the pet store employee was actually trying to talk her into getting one!! That really ticked me off (It was SO obvious they were trying to take advantage of her and just trying to make a sale... I had a job interview there last summer, and they all work on commission, so they need to sell a lot) so I told her why a turtle is NOT a good idea, and recommended a leopard gecko. She was really thankful I told her not to get a turtle LOL, and I sold her some of my extra reptile supplies for their new gecko.

I end up doing that a lot at pet stores. The employees are usually very un-helpful, and just plain annoying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Last edited by Jess; 03-27-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

There's not a Petland in Oregon. The Petco and Petsmart in my area have been fine as far as caring for their animals. There was only one incident that I know of with hermit crabs at Petsmart. There were always a bunch of empty shells which made me wonder if they were caring for their hermit crabs properly. Both stores need to have a better rewards program. All of their sales seem to be for dogs and cats and nothing for small animals.

Tags
animal care, bearded dragon, bigger tank, captive bred, chinese water dragon, crested gecko, dust bath, dust baths, guinea pig, hermit crab, hermit crabs, leopard gecko, local pet store, pet shop, pet store, pet stores, rabbit pellets, regular vet, sugar glider, sugar gliders, water bowl, wire cage, wire cages