What do you think of Reptiles? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

He looks nice. How old is he? What is his name? Any fun stories?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 01:11 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

I don't mind them if they have legs and feet but snakes just creep me out. I can't even look at them without having nightmares. Some lizards are really cute looking, but I don't know if I would want one as a pet. I prefer fur and feathers I guess.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 02:28 PM
X92EB

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizgirl
He looks nice. How old is he? What is his name? Any fun stories?

Hes 2 yrs old. I named him Ziggy. Not really any fun stories bout him yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Proud New Mommy

I have a Chinese Water Dragon....(BTW.... does anyone know why he hates water...? he sleeps in his pool but he HATES the bathtub. )

Narq is his name because when he was little (we bought him from a pet store ) he used to walk and then just fall asleep. I don't know if it was from an illness or just being dumb..lol

We got him somewhere around April 20th of 2003... (wow... I thought I've had him longer!!) Made a BIG mistake... Bringing him home with ONLY bedding, a light, a water dish, and crickets. Little did I know, the little lizard needed a UVB lamp constant room temp and humidity level.. Which is VERYYYYY hard to maintain. I also am not sure if Narq is a Narqette... Dunno how to tell the males from the females.
I havn't measured him in a while- will do it tomorrow... He is a good pet because he doesn't really need DAILY attention in order to stay taim and happy. No matter what time I want to hold him or snuggle with him, he will let me. He's also a good pet because you can catch his food outside!!

I also love the way his colors will be when he is a full grown adult. Their colors range from a baby blue to a light neon green to a very very dark forest green. Very pretty. !!

I'll letchya know how long he is tomorrow... and maybe will snap another pic of him if he's into it!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 10:42 PM

Okay Rocheal yesterday was a long time ago!! so where's the info on your dragon?
I agree with your comment about not really needing the daily attention. Sometimes that a real nice thing about having reptiles, I know that as long as they are fed, watered and cycled with their lights that they are okay, which comes in handy when the kids are sick or when I'm sick.
We have several Leopard Geckos, we used to have two breeding harems but due to market saturation we are no longer breeding at least not this year, we also have a crested gecko, if you don't have one, research and get one they are awesome creatures, we also have a female Ball Python at the request of our 7 yr old son, of course my husband made the final decision, I take care of everyone else so I told him that if they got her that they could take care of her and they do!!! Anyway she wonderful as well, never had any problems with her.
Now when you get into amphibians that's where I tend to say they are high maintenance, we had two White's Tree Frog's, OMG it was hard to get their tank perfect on humidity and without having mold! Now of course they have those fog and mist machines!! O f course now that I gave up on having my froggy friends and now my husband won't letme have anymore animals!!
That's my opinion about this
AngelaT
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I was reading this thread and scratching my head confused! It wasn't until I read Becki's post about wanting a Chameleon - and realizing that now she has Haley - that this is an old thread!

I am slow to catch on sometimes, but wow - I was confused

I love reptiles! I like snakes, lizards... you name it. I don't think I would have a snake for a pet - but I do find them facinating and love to handle them (I have a yard full of garter snakes and I feel like a mini Jeff Corwin when I hunt them and get them to climb onto a stick )

I would definately own an Iguana or a Chameleon ...or any other facinating beauty. I'm not at the point right now to take on any more responsibility though. Someday I will...

I would definately do my homework and learn the proper way to house and feed them, and knowing there are people like Lizgirl here to help guide and educate me - well it makes me want one even more!

I love the Anoles in Florida - my family lives down there and I just love when one gets into the house - we carefully trap them and put them back outside.

Last year I was in a petstore and the guy had a huge tank just filled with baby Iguanas. They had to be very young, they were only a few inches long! I felt so bad for them, wondering just how many of them would actually get sold. I was SO tempted!
I'm glad I didn't do it because I knew less last year than I do now!
Just soaking up what I read here has really taught me a lot - not nearly enough though...
Oh well, I'll keep dreaming!

[center]

[
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 12:31 AM

Hehe, things have sure changed since this post was started! I've come around to where less interaction from pets is a good thing I've got plenty of affectionate furries for now! Haley is awesome though, I could watch her forever. Reptiles are just a whole different cup of tea from the mammals, different but very interesting!

Rocheal, I would love to hear (and see) more about Narq too!
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I like reptiles. I've had lizards and turtles. It's been years since I've owned a reptile though. Whenever we move and get more room I'm sure I'll be able to get one. Right now my room is filled with hamster and bird cages. I'm hoping to get a adult iguana or something on the larger size.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 05:39 PM

My fiance use to have an 8 foot long Columbian Red-tailed Boa named Pandora. She was pretty cool but got way too big for her box and he decided a zoo with a large habitat for her would be better. She's there, soaking up the good life now.
My future mother in law is a reptile freak! She really loves them! Her household consists of 5 pitbulls, 3 bearded dragons, 2 water dragons a 4 foot (nose to tail) iguana and a 6 foot (nose to tail) iguana. She also use to come over and pick up Pandora and drive around town with our snake wrapped up around her! LOL (she would do that for shock value alone) Her 4 foot iguana, Momma-Girl got out of the outdoor cage one day and since she used to live next door to us, we were helping to look for her. My kids started screaming in the backyard about a monster and we found her basking in the sun on the top of the privacy fence between our yard and hers! LOL! It was pretty funny! Booda-Boy, the 6 foot iguana has pretty much got run of the house most of the time. He is only caged when outside. Whenever we would go over for dinner, Booda-Boy would try to jump onto the back of the dining room chairs and always picked the kids chairs to do that with sending them into a frenzy of fear! LOL! I don't know what it is with her iguanas and the kids! In case your wondering about the 5 pits in the house with the iguanas, don't worry! They stay clear of the iguanas! Gettin whipped a few times by iguana tails wasn't fun for the dogs so if the iguanas enter a room, all 5 dogs quickly exit! When she isn't home, the iguanas are put up in their own room. The beardies and water dragons have enclosures just for them but come out often to play too.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 06:18 PM
I Dream of Godzilla

owning a pet lizard was one of my childhood dreams, so now that i finally have one, im really happy, mines a south american 1 1/2 years old iguana named LIZ and boy was she sweet, we would walk around the neighborhood together, "bask" in the sun, eat on our dining table... i even dreamed of her being as LARGE as godzilla, shooting lasers from her eyes and breathing fire... i guess my inner child has finally caught up with me

Tags
ball python, bearded dragon, bearded dragons, bird cage, box turtle, broken leg, chinese water dragon, crested gecko, eared slider, leopard gecko, pet owner, pet shop, pet store, red ear slider, responsible pet owner, tree frog