Attachment Limit - New Feature - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Attachment Limit - New Feature

Due to the overage of bandwidth and general space issues, we've instituted an attachment limit since the upgrade.

Here's how it works. Each member gets an attachment limit of 1024kb, or a megabyte. If the average attachment is 30kb, this gives you about 34 pics at a time. When you want to add new pictures, you go back and delete the old ones. (You can delete attachments at any time, there is no limit.) This has no bearing on pictures hosted elsewhere and posted using the [img] tags.

If you have any questions on how to delete, etc. feel free to ask!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 01:18 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

So at any one time you can only have 10 pictures on the forum?

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 08:02 AM
I'm a Closet Nose Picking Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane
So at any one time you can only have 10 pictures on the forum?
You can only have 10 attachments. If you have pictures hosted elsewhere you can put them in your post just like your sig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

OH! Ok , I'll go and try to delete! Cause you know I'm over the limit and I was just trying to post a picture now!
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Lee
OH! Ok , I'll go and try to delete! Cause you know I'm over the limit and I was just trying to post a picture now!
I tried to delete my 299 pictures - it says they're deleted but nothing seems to be changing. I have no idea what to do now.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Does it tell you you're over limit? There isn't a limit of 10 attachments, there's a limit of 512kb, or 1/2 a MB.

Stephanie

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

All I know is I'm checking boxes of my old pictures posted-( yes I'm way over cause I have 299 pictures on this forum!) -I click on the "delete select" I think it says , it comes up I've deleted them, but they don't appear to be deleted because it still says I have 299 pictures and the long box is all red(meaning I'm up to limit I imagine). I'll have to try again, maybe I'm not doing something right.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Darn. It was supposed to only effect new attachments, I thought. I'll turn it off for the time being and work on it.

Actually Linda, you're using up over 8MB of space - would you mind going through your posts and letting me know which attachments you'd want to keep? I can delete the rest through the admin panel.

Stephanie

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Just keep the January contest picture PT picture of the month I guess it's called. And save the Safe T pet tag contest thread pictures in dog section. You can delete the rest.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

You SURE?

Stephanie

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yes, I have way too many pictures on here. I need to start fresh
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

*wince* Okay, all done. Hope you were sure!

Stephanie

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 10:16 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Whew. Just finished deleting most of mine. Wow, I like to post pictures, don't I?

~ Jodi ~

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Looking at the sheer number of pics, I think I'll probably double the limit to 1MB instead of 1/2 of one. That should give a sufficient amount and still allow those browsing the forum to see pics without them being deleted on recent threads.

Stephanie

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How many did it say you had on here Jodi before you deleted? Just curious. Wow- you have a lot of posts too!

Last edited by Linda Lee; 01-10-2004 at 10:27 AM.