Can't See Pictures? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Can't See Pictures?

Oh you guys, I am so sorry to bug you again with another stupid question -but-

I can't see any pictures or blinkies that I think are hosted somewhere on PT.
For example- Becki's latest post with pictures of her dogs- apparantly everyone else can see them, but I haven't been able to!
The blinkie that Jade put in my sig for me (my fav cause it's special to me waah lol...) It hasn't shown up in days.

Is it something on my end? It has to be if everyone else is responding to these pictures-

What could it be?

Can you see my nightowl blinkie or just the dreaded red X?

Thanks for any help or suggestions, and Jade? You still have permission to point and laugh

Help!!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 03:36 PM

I can see the night owl blinkie! If it's pics that have been hosted on 1asp, it's kind of touchy and sometimes all you can get from them is the red x
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 03:49 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

I can see both...

Night owl AND Our critter are family.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Like Becki said, 1 asp is screwy. Give it a bit and it should show up eventually.

Stephanie

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

ok guys- once again thank you

If you can see my blinkie I think I need to check my machine's filter settings, etc... since I was wonked with those viruses and had to do major clean up, I might have changed a setting without realizing... hrrrm I'll have nerd-boy check it out tonight

[center]

[
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 04:22 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

nerd-boy. LOL!

I hope your not talking about your son or something!
My dad always calls me the computer genius of the family. I'm always like, "Dad, I'm only 17. I'm not a computer genius. I'm just smarter than you are." HA HA jk.

-Mallory

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 04:23 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Now I also see your "I love my pets" blinkie!

(don't remember if I could last time or not! hee hee sorry!)

-Mallory

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Miss New Booty

Dej-
I can see all your blinkies, but sometimes I have a prob seeing regular pics, too. I couldn't see Becki's at first, (that same post) but later in the day I saw them fine? Jade said I had a prob with my blinkies sent me a thread on the 1asp site... I get confused on all this stuff, lol. I don't get what I do? *sigh* I read the thread and it sounds easy, but I don't want to mess up.
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...threadid=13751
Mal- I think Deja is talking about her daughter's b/f? Is that right Deja?

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

oh oh lol!! my daughter's bf is a computer guy, yes - but my husband is "nerdboy"
He's got his masters in computer science and makes his living keeping thousands of machines and data bases running so that the traders can actually trade on the stock exchanges - and that's just the stuff I can put into words- It makes my brain hurt to even try to think or understand anything on the level he does when it comes to Information Technologies.
Nerdboy

[center]

[
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Miss New Booty

DEJA!!!!!!! I remember a post talking about your daughter's b/f and thought that. !!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Jackie- I probably did call him nerd-boy too he's the one who helped me when the first flood of that email virus hit...
He makes his living in computers too.... gads.... so does my brother, one of my BIL, my dad was an old IBM pioneer back in the dark ages...
wow- when I think about it - my entire family is full of geeks and nerds!

[center]

[
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 05:26 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

LOL!!

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Miss New Booty

Deja! Ya, you were talking about him coming over to fix it, that was it. My boyfriend's job is computers, too! lol. I remember when I met him 5 years ago and our family just got our first computer and I got my own "screen name" on aol and was so excited about that. Now, he taught me how to put a computer together, imagine that! With his help ofcourse. lol. All this stuff is so amazing, I said "How do you know what goes where, etc"

~* Jackie *~

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

omg Jackie LOL! When the men in this family start "talking techie" the rest of us sit there nodding and eventually someone says something... rude and funny about it.
I admit, I've learned tons, I don't even want to admit how many years I've been on line... but it's been since *before* the www
I bet your bf has boxes of stuff that I call "computer graveyards" Every so often I make him throw stuff out and it's hillarious- just to see the pain in his eyes when he says "but, but.. I might NEED this some day" Sure... as a doorstop maybe!!

[center]

[
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Miss New Booty

Deja! I know... Guess how many computers we have in our garage? like 6! "oh I gotta fix that, it's so and so's " lol There are motherboards and hard drives all over the house! Computer graveyards!!! He just came by and to what your husband would say "I might need this some day" Brad said "Thats right!! The day after you throw it out, you'll need it!" LOL

~* Jackie *~