Change in MOTW - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Change in MOTW

We've decided (due to inactivity) that we're going to stop doing MOTW. Instead, the script will run daily and simply highlight a new member each day on the main forum page. There will be no thread to ask questions like there was for Member of the Week.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

that sucks. i really liked that feature. oh well.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

No one participated and we didn't want people to feel left out when their threads didn't get replies. This is the only way we could come up with to make it fair to everyone chosen. If you have a better idea (short of taking a whip to everyone and making them post questions), I'm ALL ears.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm a Closet Nose Picking Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
I'm ALL ears.
That must suck for walking. I crack me up.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I never was MOTW. I always wanted to be...oh well.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxias
That must suck for walking. I crack me up.

Stephanie

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

So people will now just randomly be posted on the main page?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

The same random script will run, just more frequently. They have to meet certain posting and logging in criteria, but their profile will be featured so that you can click on them and see who they are, what their interests are, etc.

Stephanie

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Checks Out PD 'Cheeky Bits'!

I was never member of the Month neither... I so felt unloved and unwanted, no one cared I felt

Whatever Jade suggests though, is always the best way to go........ I am such a suck! I am a right teachers pet
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Hey Wendy....

We love ya anyhow
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aww. I was never MOTW either. Maybe we could member of the month? Maybe that would be more active?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

We discussed member of the month and felt it would be dragged out too long and people would forget about it, if it weren't replied to often. We decided to go with daily member features instead. However, we're going to be bringing back the newsletter each month and will interview a member and staff member (until we run out of those) in each issue.

Stephanie

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
We discussed member of the month and felt it would be dragged out too long and people would forget about it, if it weren't replied to often. We decided to go with daily member features instead. However, we're going to be bringing back the newsletter each month and will interview a member and staff member (until we run out of those) in each issue.
Oh, okies

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I like the interview thing!!! Hey, will the person be notified if they are member of the day? I never look at the front page

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm a Closet Nose Picking Instructor

The MOTW can be viewed on the front page of the forum under the birthdays.