Donations for Raffle needed - prizes - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Donations for Raffle needed - prizes

Hi all!

We've talked about it for quite a while but I'm going to go ahead and get the ball rolling. Several have replied on the other thread offering to donate prizes for a raffle and I need a definitive list to get started.

The prize can be almost anything, pet or human related. Even a gift certificate is welcome. I'd just like to avoid using any of the raffle proceeds for prize purposes so donations are the preferred way to go.

The charity we'll be donating all raffle proceeds to is Carolina Wild Care. It is a registered, tax exempt wildlife rehabilitation organization, run by Vicki Fisk out of her home in Charlotte, NC. Vicki is a federally licensed rehabilitator and takes in everything from birds to squirrels, even at 11pm if need be. I was overwhelmed by her dedication and caring when I visited her home to drop off two orphaned birds.

This is the direct wording on the information sheet:
Quote:
Carolina Wild Care is committed to the preservation of wildlife and through education and the rehabilitation of sick, injured or orphaned wildlife in North Carolina. Our goal is to always return healthy animals to their native habitat.

During the last 15 years, wildlife rehabilitation has progressed from being predominantly loving housewives caring for animlas, to a professional field of devoted wildlife veterinarians, behaviorists, nutritionists and rehabilitators. I am proud to be among the current professionals who realize that preparing wildlife to be returned to their native habitat requires much more than "a little milk ... a few nuts ... and setting them free when they're bigger."

We now know each species has specific nutritional needs, and that they must be environmentally and socially stimulated in order to survive and thrive in the wild.

Carolina Wild Care provides the proper nutrition, caging, and mental/physical stimulation for each species to ensure their successful release back into the wild. With over five years of experience, Carolina Wild Care has both the expertise and appropriate licenses to rehabilitate songbirds, waterfowl, and small mammals.

Carolina Wild Care is a non-profit, tax exempt organization that cares for wildlife. Donations are never required, but are very much appreciated. Since we receive no funding from state, city, or county agencies, we depend on the kindness of people like you that care about wildlife.
If you are able to donate for certain, please post here or PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks for your compassion and dedication! We as a community CAN make a difference!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dena; 05-15-2004 at 07:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 12:21 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Lightbulb

Ok I'd love to donate to the raffle... I wouldn't have a clue though as to what to donate though... I'd love to go shopping & pick up some things to send, can anyone give me any ideas?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 07:49 AM

How about donations through paypal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'd rather have items than monetary donations, Sassy. Just because of PayPal fees, etc.

Stephanie

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 07:40 PM

I believed I offered, and I am still available to do it. I don't know if you want me to state what it is or leave it as a surprise
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

PM me, Dena.

Stephanie

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Playful Pup

Thumbs up I'd like to help too!

Please PM me with a list of items being requested and where to forward it to.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Pretty much anything is welcome, thanks!! Human or pet oriented, whatever. What is extra or not usable by the winner will either be donated to a local rescue or saved for future contest prizes, depending on what it is. I'll PM you with a mailing address if you'd like.

Stephanie

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 11:31 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

PM me the address Jade... I'm going shopping tommorow after school for all of you wonderful PTer's... Be prepared for a HUGE box
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

PM me the addy I will send a scented critter

:rainbow:
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Jade we would love to help donate something, however I am not really sure what we can send, as we are working so hard over here trying to get donations for our organization as well, any idea would be helpful

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
carolina wild care