Guest status - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Question Guest status

Hey Jade or Becki....I've got another question...when I go to "who's online" I've noticed lately that we've had tons of people on as "guest". Are those people who just haven't registered/signed in yet? Or is that how members stay hidden? (for whatever reason - I have no idea) Do guests have all the privileges of members?

I'm just curious!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

The multiple guests you are seeing are internet bots, otherwise known as search engine crawlers. They index our site and help us get traffic, so I personally welcome them.

Guests cannot see chit chat, profiles, create threads, reply to threads, or see who's online. You do have to register to do these things. If you see a bot doing so, they're only getting an error message.

Members using the 'invisible' feature are entirely different. You won't see them in the who's online list, or on the front page. The only way for members to know is if the member count is off. It'll say 5 members online and you'll only see four so you know one is invisible. However, all admins and mods can see whoever's invisible regardless.

Did I answer your questions ok? Any more? Feel free to ask!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Great, thanks! You answered all my questions....I had just been noticing a bunch of guests lately.

I was just being nosy!

~ Jodi ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Nosy's okay.

Stephanie

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 09:32 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Paw-Talk Pet Forums > Who's Online

Paw-Talk Pet Forums Who's Online @ 09:29 PM - 7 Members and 8 Guests
User Name Location Last Active PM Email
capnsweets Sending a Private Message 09:28 PM
ChinchillaCrzy Viewing Thread Petty Admin's 09:17 PM
Deja Viewing Thread Don't You Hate It When? Part 5 09:28 PM
Dena Viewing Thread Hot peppers ! 09:28 PM
JGawana Viewing New Topics 09:29 PM
kittygurl823 Paw-Talk Pet Forums Main Index 09:22 PM
Ms.Redd Paw-Talk Pet Forums Main Index 09:29 PM
Guest Paw-Talk Pet Forums Main Index 09:23 PM
Guest Viewing Forum Rabbit Discussion 09:28 PM
Guest Viewing Thread Black Bear hamsters 09:28 PM
Guest Paw-Talk Pet Forums Main Index 09:15 PM
Guest Paw-Talk Pet Forums Main Index 09:23 PM
Guest Editing Post 09:16 PM
Guest Paw-Talk Pet Forums Main Index 09:25 PM
Guest Paw-Talk Pet Forums Main Index

Would this be an error in which you mentioned????
(figured I'd ask in this thread, instead making a new one)

-Mallory

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 09:41 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Jade
Nosy's okay.
Oohh good, Because if I'm right, I think that capn and Deja are PMing each other. ;c) LOL

capnsweets Using Private Messaging System 09:30 PM
Deja Reading a Private Message

HA HA HA

-Mallory

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Playful Pup

I am new to this site.... Is this a good board?

I use some other boards and i like some of them but they have there good and bad points but maybe this one is different

well if anyone has anything that they like about this board please let me know

if anyone has anyhting that they dont like about this board also let me know thank you
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Checks Out PD 'Cheeky Bits'!

Sonic, you need to make up your own mind, what someone else may or may not like, doesn't mean you're going to feel the same way. I personally think this board is pretty cool as does many others and I'm more than sure you'll feel same way too.

Tags
bear hamster, black bear, black bear hamster, black bear hamsters