Hehe!! PM Sound Notification - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Hehe!! PM Sound Notification

Now when you get a PM, you should have a sound notification of 10 random sounds. Periodically I'll change the sounds up so they stay interesting too.

If you just absolutely hate this idea, you can disable it via your UserCP under Edit Options, Messaging and Notifications, Private Messages.

Hope you enjoy it!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I just got a pm and heard a voice. It surprised me!

Rhonda

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Awesome

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quick! Someone pm me so I can hear it again!

Rhonda

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Miss New Booty

HOW COOL, Steph!!!!! Ok, someone send me one, too! I wanna hear!!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

GREAAAT now we're gonna have a PM war! LOL

that is a way cool feature Jade!! (does it only work if you have the pop up option enabled?)
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Miss New Booty

Yes Kay!!! Scarlette sent me a PM!! I LOVE IT! I heard ET!!!!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstybrat
(does it only work if you have the pop up option enabled?)
No, it'll work either way unless you disable it.

Stephanie

Last edited by Jade; 05-27-2004 at 02:53 PM.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 04:17 PM

I heard congratulations Skippy you got mail
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

LOL! Nifty idea Steph!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awesome idea Steph

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Ok, someone PM me!! I haven heard it yet!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 12:15 PM

I don't think this is working on my computer. I don't have it disabled and my speakers and other sounds are working fine I have no idea whats going on with this piece of crap (is not good word this crap?) is doing. It was working just fine until a few weeks ago. I think I may just have to start banging the heck out of it or something. Anyone have any ideas
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Dena, assuming you're running IE 6 or higher, try this:

Tools
Internet Options
Advanced

About 3/4 of the way down, you'll come across a box that says "Play sounds in webpages." Make sure that's checked.

Stephanie

post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 12:24 PM

Yup it was already checked. Still working on why it won't display sponsor URL's outside of PT profiles too.