Ignore Feature - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Ignore Feature

I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that we DO have an ignore feature enabled here at Paw-Talk. If you prefer not to see a certain member's posts, you can add him/her to your ignore list. To do so, go to that member's profile and click Add to Ignore List.

Similarly, we also have a Buddy List feature which can be implemented in the same way.

Just an FYI!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:47 AM
PT's Favorite 'Little Sister'

Hmmm... Very nifty, although I don't believe I'd be using it, but just the same, very nifty. lol!

~*|MP|*~
:: Webmistress & Musician-in-Training ::

<- Got Moo?

"Great works are performed not be strength, but by perseverance."
~Samuel Johnson

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

never thought i would have to use this feature either...but its good to know its there is we need it like when there are things i would rather not hear about.

In FAQs it says, "Ignore lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread."
It will block their PM's too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Thanks for bumping this. I didn't even know this was a feature. It will come in handy, im sure.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 11:28 PM
RAT ADDICT

Didn't think I needed to use it either,but it has come in handy,I have to say!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 11:42 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I don't think that there has been anyone that has made me want to ignore them!

*Missy*
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

Oh thank god...now I can ignore you, Steph. Hahahaha!

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

heh i dont think theres really anyone on here i would want to ignore.. altho i cant say i havent been tempted... i wonder tho, if you ignore somone, can they still see your posts?

My Furry Family
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

They can still see your posts, you just don't see theirs.

Rhonda

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Playful Pup

So far this has been a friendly forum with no need to use it on my part.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
Oh thank god...now I can ignore you, Steph. Hahahaha!
Nah ya can't, it won't let you block mods.

Stephanie

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Proud New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Nah ya can't, it won't let you block mods.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Arrow

Thought i would bring this back up since many have taken offense lately from members.
Its a handy feature and i see it could prevent lotz of problems if members know about it and use it as needed.

Here are some past good quotes about it too...

if you see a bad or offensive post....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstybrt
Please be sure to bring this to the attention of one of the admins or mods... Sometimes threads or remarks are often overlooked- especially with the fact that Paw-Talk has grown so much. Afterall- we can't do anything if we don't knw about it Catherine is right though- please feel free to use the "report" button (which is the ! mark near the persons avatar) if you see something offensive or out of line. It doesn't have to be in reply to one of your posts to report it.

Unfortunately in todays society - you are bound to find a few rotten apples in the bunch. It's the way of life I guess & nobody is perfect. I don't like rudeness either - but unfortunately sometimes the best thing to do is ignore ther person & move on. JMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Several folks already said it well and I agree whole heartedly, but I also wanted to mention a feature that can be useful in large communities. There is an ignore option that you can turn on if someone in particular rubs you wrong and you prefer not to read their posts. Just go to their profile and click on 'Add (username) to your Ignore List' and then you will no longer see their posts on the board.

Please also remember the guidelines of the community (Link). If you feel someone is in breach of these guidelines, don't hesitate to hit that 'Report' button or PM a mod/admin with your concern
*And of course the mods of course will take care of anyone causing trouble...but until then if you use the Ignore Feature you wont have to see or read any of their posts. They wont show up on the thread you are looking at...even a thread you have made or responded to.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Stephanie

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Ooooooh what a fabulous idea!! I wont be leaving afterall then i can just block the person that is bugging me!!!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!