jane's ques - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Exclamation jane's ques

i've asked these ques many times!! please help!!!

1. how do i put my own pic of my dogs for my avator? i make it small, but it always says it's too big. it's smaller than some of the avators paw-talk offers. ?????????????

2. when can it say something other than "junior member" by my avator? how do i put something of my own there?

3. how do you get all these cool pics and graphics in your signatures? do things need to be on websites to use it? i don't even know what a url is!!!!!!!!

please i'm begging for help! this is frustrating that paw-talk doesn't have a 1-800 number to call for tech help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Re: jane's ques

Quote:
Originally posted by formula86
i've asked these ques many times!! please help!!!

1. how do i put my own pic of my dogs for my avator? i make it small, but it always says it's too big. it's smaller than some of the avators paw-talk offers. ?????????????
the avatar size limit is 80x8 depending on depending on what type of file you are saving it as the file size may be too big. try saving it as a jpg or gif file type.

Quote:
2. when can it say something other than "junior member" by my avator? how do i put something of my own there?
if you read the forum rules it clearly states that you are not able to change this. Only admins have access to changing your title and it is done at random.

Quote:
3. how do you get all these cool pics and graphics in your signatures? do things need to be on websites to use it? i don't even know what a url is!!!!!!!!
a URL is web site address (such as www.paw-talk.net) to get pictures in your signature yes you need to have your own website or somewhere on the web that you can upload your pictures to then "link" to them. Without having a place to store your images you are not able to have them in your signature.

Quote:
please i'm begging for help! this is frustrating that paw-talk doesn't have a 1-800 number to call for tech help.
Paw-Talk is an online forum, NOT a store. It is available to us because Jade is kind enough to pay for the webhosting & service... I'm sure adding an 800 # would only increase her costs.

I'm sorry you are frustrated and feel inconvenienced by all this, but to my knowledge these issues have been addressed and explained to you before... BUT if it helps any read this general info .
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

i didn't mean to sound upset. i just wanted to get someone's attention cause everytime i post these ques it seems like no one really responds.

as far as the avator goes, i am saving it as a jpg. do you think that i could email it to someone and they could fix it?

also, where it says "junior member" for me, it says little sayings for others. i understand that i may have to have so many posts or be on this forum for so long in order to have it changed. but you make it sound as if the members don't get to write their own little sayings which i'm sure that they do. don't they? and the administrators pick people at random??

and btw - i had no clue that a person paid for this, i thought it was a company. don't take it personally. :/ i never suggested that this was a STORE...

don't think i was upset, i just wanted quick responses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Hey there.

Feel free to email me your avatar, I can size it for you. It has to be 80 x 80 pixels and under 20kb in size. Often saving as a GIF will help make it smaller.

Titles are given out based on posts. i.e. I got mine during the halloween party when fstybrat came up missing and I claimed to have eaten her. We give them out at random intervals based on what a person posts. It's supposed to be fun. The more you post and join in, the more likely you are to get one.

Signatures need to be hosted elsewhere in order to show up on PT. http://www.hpphotos.com is good for jpgs but not gifs. http://www.1asphost.com is okay, but can be slow.

On the site itself, yes we do pay for it. It makes no profit and is here solely because I enjoy doing so and have met many wonderful friends. The database is ever growing and despite pruning, will have to increase in price as time goes on.

Stephanie

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thank you for offering. i will post the picture in this thread soon. that's cool about the little sayings. sorry if i came off as being mad or something.
talk to you soon.
btw - do you know something (program) to make a website? i've never done one before.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 07:00 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

If you don't want to buy a program for building a website, there are several free sites that you can build easily. I use Yahoo Geocities. With a little trial and error you should be able to figure it out. There's also a good help section in Geocities.

And for hosting the pictures in my signature, I use www.hpphotos.com

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

here is this pic that i'd like to use for my avator:
i hope it works. pm me and let me know. thank you!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 08:08 PM

I resized it & changed it to a jpeg. Try this:

~ Jodi ~

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

aaaaaaaaaagh! it worked!!!!!!!!!!!! yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are the coolest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

update

ok, i tried to make a website with yahoo. the site is www.geocites.com/formula8682

i was able to put my avator pic on there as a little add on. but i couldn't change the big pic.

and how does this all relate to my signature? do i type the website in the signature box or something? i think i read that. will each picture on my website have a link???

thank you again guys.

i am really website challenged.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Geocities will not let you host a picture and link elsewhere.

I really recommend you go to http://www.hpphotos.com and upload pictures there. Once you upload them, there is an option to create a link for an auction and it will give you the url. Then you can put it in your signature using the IMG tag ( [IMG] )

Stephanie

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JGawana
And for hosting the pictures in my signature, I use www.hpphotos.com
Like Jade said, this is the site to use for hosting pictures.

You asked about programs for making a website which is why I told you about Geocities.

~ Jodi ~

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Talking yah!

ck out my new sig! that hpphotos thing is so cool and easy. i've been saving graphics from the computer for an hour now. yah! thanks all of you!