Negative Reputation Ratings - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Negative Reputation Ratings

I'm going to implement a rule here, effective from now on.

If you leave negative reputation points for a user, you absolutely MUST state a reason in the comments. Negative ratings left without a comment will receive an administrative reciprocal negative rating, which is worth 12 points deducted from your reputation. Please keep in mind that admin can see who left what rating and that this system is not a popularity contest.

The reasoning behind the comment rule is to prevent abuse of the system and leave constructive criticism and/or suggestions for improvement, rather than a simple "I don't approve." Ratings with no comment or suggestion will only leave the user wondering and likely angry. We simply would like to avoid that situation. Wouldn't you like to know why you were rated negatively if in that situation? I think we all would.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 01:28 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

How can we tell in our own user ratings that it's negative??? How can we tell the difference between the 2 when we're looking at our own profile?
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

A positive will have a purplish dot like the ones you see in threads, negative a blue dot. Grey dots are neutral, in that usually the person posting has less than the necessary 50 posts to add or detract from a user's reputation.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Romping Ratties

Thanks Jade. I just got graded low, and although I don't mind, as everyone has different opinions and I know things sometimes get taken differently on a forum than what was intended, I still would like to know why they dissagree. There is a chance I might learn something, which is always appreciated! I can't change unless I know what to change.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

The goal is to make the system constructive, rather than destructive, hence the now required comments. I really hesitated in even enabling it but think that we're all mature enough to use it within certain guidelines, you know?

Stephanie

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Romping Ratties

I agree. I think it's a great feature personally, and have so much fun letting others know how much they have helped me on this forum with questions etc. Good job again, like always!

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

hey there guuuys! ok, i can't tell the different colored dots from each other. you said that in the threads there are purple dots...but they look light blue to me. ??? which colors are which? for instance...in the thread (next to someone's # of posts), what color is that?
thanks!!!!!

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Positive
Negative
Neutral/Even

Stephanie

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

so purple = neutral/even? cause that's what it looks like to me. i just want to make sure it's not my computer! thanks jade!!!!!!!!!

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

It's actually a dark grey, but those are there for your reference.

Stephanie

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

gracias mi amiga.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

You're welcome. (Also if you right click on one it'll say reputation_pos, reputation_neg, or reputation_balance as the image name. )

Stephanie

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

When I right clicked I didn't get that! and where abouts do you check your reputation? I can't find it!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Carmen, you have to go to Properties to find the image name.

You can check your reputation and the last people you rated in your User CP main page.

Stephanie

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanx Jade I understand it all perfectly now!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy