New Messages Not Showing Up?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Question New Messages Not Showing Up??

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a clue.
When I am on the "forum" page it may show
22 new messages.
I click to get to the list and there are 3 or 4 or sometimes none...

I am using a new machine with Windows XP. I am not sure if that has anything to do with anything.

Do I need to adjust something in my settings?

It's confusing me because it's difficult to find all the new posts.

Sometimes I don't see a thread I've been following for days.

Thanks for any help or info!

Also- when I click to set the SIZE, etc... a pop-up appears prompting me to enter a script? I've just been entering everything manually. Any clue?
Thanks!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Once a week the mods get together and decide who we should pick on by messing with their computer settings, then we sit around and have a good laugh about it. This week we chose you!

Naw, just kidding. I have no idea what is going on. I'm computer illiterate. I'm sure Jade will be along soon to answer your questions.

Rhonda

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Do you wait more than 900 seconds? Or do you open two PT windows at once? Or are they 22 posts in 4 threads? That happens around here ...

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

omg you guys

fat lotta help youze are!!

[center]

[
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'M BEING SERIOUS!!! Cookies reset at 900 seconds. Also, I'll lose my 'new post' list if I open two PT windows first thing when I log on. Or there are only like 5 threads active but 30 new posts!

Stephanie

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

ohhhh!!

No, no this happens when I first log in It says for example X numer of Threads and X number of posts..
I click to view and - there are 2 or 1 or none!

I've never had 2 PT windows active at the same time...
I don't multi-tast well

I went and checked all my settings and nothing looks different...
maybe it's just one of those strange mysteries!

I have noticed that if I get up and go do something when PT is running when I come back ... I didn't realize it was exactly 900 seconds though! Interesting.

Thanks! I'll be patient... like most things, this too shall pass

[center]

[