Today I enabled a feature that comes with the new software. It allows you to rate a user's posts, by indicating if you approve or do not approve, and leave a comment if you wish.
Here are some key points about the system:
- Each user starts out with 10 reputation points.
- Every 180 days, you gain 1 reputation altering point. (Negative comments receive half this value)
- Every 500 posts you gain one reputation altering point as well.
- Every 500 reputation points earns one reputation altering point.
- You must have 50 posts before your ratings add to or detract from a user's reputation.
- You are only allowed 10 ratings of other members per 24 hour period.
- You must rate 10 others before you can rate the same member again.
You click on this icon in order to rate a post:
This system is basically a visual reward of appreciation if your posts help someone out or are informative to others. It is not a popularity contest. Negative ratings are allowed, but any intentional abuse of the system will be dealt with by the administrative team as they see fit.
You can view others' ratings next to their post count. The dots are indicative of reputation and scrolling your mouse over them will indicate a level of reputation.
We are asking for suggestions on changes to these sayings - we would like them to be pet oriented. I will start another thread in this section to post suggestions!
The default levels are as follows (where User displays the username):
0 points: User is an unknown quantity at this point
10 points: User is on a distinguished road
50 points: User will become famous soon enough
150 points: User has a spectacular aura about
250 points: User is a jewel in the rough
350 points: User is just really nice
450 points: User is a glorious beacon of light
550 points: User is a name known to all
650 points: User is a splendid one to behold
1000 points: User has much to be proud of
1500 points: User has a brilliant future
2000 points: User has a reputation beyond repute