NOTICE: Forum Pruning This Week - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Best of luck, Olivia! I hope everything works out for you! When you get time, we'd love to hear how you've been and get updates on the furry ones.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 06:08 PM

Off subject: I love your new signature Steph (Jade)
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 06:29 PM

Question

i received the pruning message, so I relogged on after requesting a new password, having forgotten the old one.

Now, I have ended up with a default screen name, plus, after logging in I am not taken to a forum but I stay on the log in board as if I did not log in successful, but I did (when I came here) as I can post. (?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I still have no idea what you mean by a default screen name - I asked the same thing in the PM you sent. When you login, do it on the forums page, rather than the main page: http://www.paw-talk.net/forums

Stephanie

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 03:56 AM

Question

"Default screen name" means one assigned automatically by the site software, usually when someone fails to specify their own upon registration or receiving a new password (the latter being my case).

The next issue. . .

Although I currently have an amazingly large number of cookies from this site stored away (14 in total), I still have to log in each time I come to the site, despite having the "remember me" box checked. After I do that, I end up back on the same log in board as if I had not logged in, but when I go to the bottom of the page and click on the link to the forum I do get there. I find all that puzzling.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 10:05 AM

Pruning just makes me think about Jade running around with pruning shears, pruning bushes.
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 11:47 AM

Hi, Zouave! I think I know you from another forum. 8)

Try deleting the cookies. I was having the same trouble with another forum I go to, and after I deleted the cookies, the problems ended. It didn't remembered me, and acted as if I hadn't logged on. Really strange, and it happened to a lot of people after there was a mayor fix there. Maybe that could help you.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave
"Default screen name" means one assigned automatically by the site software, usually when someone fails to specify their own upon registration or receiving a new password (the latter being my case).
Problem here is the board does not 'default' a username for you. When you signed up for the board originally you used the screen name we're all seeing. It won't create a new username because you requested a password.

As far as not staying logged in...many changes have taken place since you registered in May. My suggestion is to clear all of your cookies and login again. If you are using IE be advised that using the delete cookies button will not always remove all of your cookies.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 07:57 PM

Well, the s/n issue is moot. Doesn't matter any more.

I will delete all Paw Talk cookies, and see what happens next time I log on. Managing cookies is easy with a Netscape browser.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 07:58 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot
Hi, Zouave! I think I know you from another forum. 8)
Yes, hi. Nice to see a familiar name.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 09:19 PM

Looks like clearing all cookies did it, although it still does not bring me directly to the forums. But I can figure that much out myself.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 10:40 PM

Are you saying it isn't redirecting after you login?
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 09:49 PM

Question

Exactly correct. And the board still looks as if I had not logged in at all, but when I click on the forums link at the bottom I go to the forums, logged.

I did click the "remember me" box, and I previously cleared all my cookies. I am not changing my cookie settings, if that's the issue. What it all means is I have to type in (or paste in) both my s/n and password at each visit - a little irritating. Maybe there is something I am missing in the CP. I should add I am also having trouble logging out properly.

Last edited by Zouave; 01-03-2005 at 10:02 PM.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Where are you logging in at? The forums or paw-talk.net? The paw-talk.net login is a bit buggy. Login at www.paw-talk.net/forums instead.

Stephanie

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 05:02 AM

Ah, I will try that.