Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

One more upgrade.

6K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  RSbunny 
#1 ·
You're probably going to notice a few quirks the next couple of days. The new version of the software we use was just released and I'm un-doing some changes I've made so that we can upgrade smoothly. Most affected will be those using the "left" layout, or old layout. Everything will be fixed when we upgrade, hopefully Monday. :)

No whining, this'll be WAY better in the long run! :lol:

#4 ·
Thanks girls. :D As I said, there will be a few changes made tomorrow (getting up early!) and then once I get it how I like it, I'll start working on other colors and adding some features I have bookmarked. :)

G
#9 ·
The paw prints that were on the Main page, which shows the sections. Can you add those smilies back perty perty please! I like the old ones so much better. :p

I just think our new buttons are plain. The Post reply button and so forth. It reminds me of something that would be on a US History forum rather than a pet forum. Just a thought. :winky: Their also a lot bigger, as are our reputation dots too. Just personal preference is all. I just like how it looked before a lot better. :)

#10 ·
:shrug: Can't please 'em all, even with 3+ hours spent customizing ... I'll add the old smilies as custom ones tomorrow. Working on a blue color set now.

Did you miss that the section icons are still paw prints? I worked on those for a good hour ... This is what the default software version looks like:

G
#13 ·
OK, calm down LOL. No I did not notice until you mentioned it. It just looked like a blue blob. Well in that case, I liked it with just the paw prints and no paper covering them up. I am just giving my opinion. No need to get angry.

#17 ·
Wow. Hmpf.

Personally Jade, I think you've done a great job - it's a lot more work then people realize, especially when you have people requesting so many different "little" things. Keep up the good work & thanks for all your effort. :thumbsup:

G
#18 ·
I never said she wasn't doing a great job, and I know how hard it is as I used to run a forum as well. :winky: I was merely stating my opinion. I think it's lovely, I just liked it better before is all. No biggie.

G
#22 ·
Gee Louise! I didn't expect everyone to get into an uproar about my posts! My god! I was merely asking where the heck they went, since I didn't see them. NO big deal, really. Do I really care if they are there or not? NO! Of course not! I have better things to worry about, like cleaning the house, taking care of my many pets and caring for my toddler. I was just curious, as I did not know what her plans were and thought it would look the same. I am NOT one for change at all.

Most of my posts were said jokingly, lighten up.

G
#23 ·
Ok well I am going to apologize. I am sorry Jade. I didn't expect my posts to be taken so seriously and I wanted to say a big THANKS for doing all you do. I am sorry if I seem ungreatful. I don't have the best social skills with people. It's something I am working on though. :)

#24 ·
Speaking from the person put on the spot's point of view, I felt quite unappreciated and your tone struck me as confrontational, as if you were complaining. I do work hard and devote a lot of time to this forum because I enjoy it and am dedicated to the animals and most of all the members.

You're certainly allowed to have an opinion and I'm sorry you don't care for the new images. If you'd like to design new ones and create a new .xml file, you're certainly welcome, but for the moment I'm going to stick with these. This is what I was given to work with when I paid to upgrade the forum to give users more features and functionality.

I know it's often hard to indicate tone on the internet, which is why I tend to use so many smilies when I'm joking and it may sound differently if someone doesn't realize that. Maybe keep that in mind in the future? :)

G
#25 ·
I most certaintly will. :) Like I said, I lack skills in the people department! I just had a very awkward childhood growing up so most everyone I meet is way different than me. I am still, even at age 24, learning the wrongs and rights of socialization. I'm a work in progress. :winky: One reason I could not stand being a receptionist LOL!

Although, I kind of like the new smilies now. Just took a while to get used to them. :p

#26 ·
Romping Ratties I think the most important thing to realise is that not everyone is always having a go at you. I think a lot of the posts before were trying to compliment Jade's work rather than put you down. Jade does this out of the goodness of her heart and spends many many of her precious hours bettering the forum for all of us so I guess that other people on the forum just wanted to let her know that her work was appreciated, which I know you do too, just saying that's all. I guess the biggest thing to think of when you are posting is whether you would get offended if someone posted the same post to you. Then if you decide that it would upset you but you still need to get your point across then re -word it.
For example....a way to ask about the smilies......'I was just curious as to whether we get some of our old smilies back cause they were really cool too and I loved using them'
Sorry if I seem a bit out of line here but you said that you are still learning socialization skills and I think that if everyone here knows that then they will be more helpful with you, otherwise you just come across as a bit offensive that's all and this is a close group of people and we will support each other if we think someone is out of line.
I know that sometimes I have to be careful about how I word things to get my point across but if you can avoid a confrontation then it's always the best way!! Sometimes when it is really important stuff (like if someone was abusing an animal and mentioned something on here that you were really against) then you might not worry about not upsetting them and rathe rmore about getting the point across but there are still rules on the forum that we have to stick to!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.