One more upgrade. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

One more upgrade.

You're probably going to notice a few quirks the next couple of days. The new version of the software we use was just released and I'm un-doing some changes I've made so that we can upgrade smoothly. Most affected will be those using the "left" layout, or old layout. Everything will be fixed when we upgrade, hopefully Monday.

No whining, this'll be WAY better in the long run!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Well for the most part it's now upgraded. I'm going to work on the images a bit more tomorrow and try to install a new portal.

Stephanie

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

all I can say is WOW!!! (Thanks Jade for everything)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thanks girls. As I said, there will be a few changes made tomorrow (getting up early!) and then once I get it how I like it, I'll start working on other colors and adding some features I have bookmarked.

Stephanie

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

hmm I thought I posted here...just thought I did by the looks of it! It's great Jade!!! Thanx!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

SWEET! Thanks!

Rhonda

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Romping Ratties

Do we get our default smilies back? I liked those so much more. Also do we get our buttons back too? I enjoyed the paw prints!

Other than that, great job!

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Which paw print buttons are you referring to?

These are the smilies that come with the new software and I rather like them. I can probably add the others as custom later on.

Stephanie

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Romping Ratties

The paw prints that were on the Main page, which shows the sections. Can you add those smilies back perty perty please! I like the old ones so much better.

I just think our new buttons are plain. The Post reply button and so forth. It reminds me of something that would be on a US History forum rather than a pet forum. Just a thought. Their also a lot bigger, as are our reputation dots too. Just personal preference is all. I just like how it looked before a lot better.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Can't please 'em all, even with 3+ hours spent customizing ... I'll add the old smilies as custom ones tomorrow. Working on a blue color set now.

Did you miss that the section icons are still paw prints? I worked on those for a good hour ... This is what the default software version looks like:

Stephanie

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Romping Ratties

Hrmm, I don't see the paw prints. I just see the default. This is what I am talking about, just in case I sound confusing.

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Do ya not see the paw prints under the little pieces of paper?

Stephanie

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Romping Ratties

OK, calm down LOL. No I did not notice until you mentioned it. It just looked like a blue blob. Well in that case, I liked it with just the paw prints and no paper covering them up. I am just giving my opinion. No need to get angry.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

This is how the software comes w/o my modifications.

Stephanie

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Romping Ratties

Well then I guess I am screwed huh?! LOL Is it possible to make a layout without the paper covering the paw prints. I'd do it myself if I knew how.