An overhaul for paw-talk - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:36 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Oh, I understand that Dena. Completely. But there were already ads posted on FP above the forums, weren't there? And like Luv said, I got used to those and they didn't interfere with the entire page, like this new side bar will/is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

i find the pages load slower then today at 1:00pm EST i keep getting that the server was busy. It took me over 20 min to be able to read the thread i was trying to read. I haven't been doing much reading on here because i find the font is to small for me to read. My daughter did something and made the font for all web pages bigger so i am able to read it better.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #48 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

I have noticed that my internet explorer won't load PT unless I go through yahoo. This has only started happening since the overhaul.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Charlene, can you give specific avs/smilies, please? That'll help us better pinpoint the problem.

Stephanie

post #50 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Leo
Driving Diva

on post # 30 of aviv_e's "Hmm. Did I miss anything?" I see a little red x instead of whatever they were posting
but ONLY when viewing with Internet Explorer.
Also on Jades signature where her little yellow ribbon usually is all I see is a red x ... but again only when viewing with Internet explorer.

Perhaps everyone who uses Internet Explorer just need to clear their cookies ??

I know the pages load a lot faster for me in Fire fox than they do with IE.
I think it is a browser issue.

~Ignorance can be cured with education~

Mom to:
A little girl (6) and a little boy (4), and 2 dogs
Leo and
Gunner

Proud Coastie Sister!!
My brother is in Virginia at FT school !!

RIP Ed
October 2000-November 2007
post #51 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

a. If you all feel the page goes slow. The pages are loading great for me.

b. Is there any improvment after the first page? So far its all working fine for me.

c. What browser you're using. Internet Explorer

d. What country you're in and internet provider you're using. USA, Time Warner Cable Road Runner

post #52 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Oily Chickenspew

will the arrow ever work again? the one where you click it and it takes you to your last reply you posted in that thread??

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #53 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

I don't mean to be annoying, but I am having serous issues still loading the site. I tried numerous times today, leaving it loading for over an hour once, and still wasn't able to get the site to load untill just now. Even when it does work, I usually have to wait around 5 minutes for the first page to load, which was never an issue before. Just thought I'd bring it up again, and mention that if I'm not around as much it's because I can't get the site to load!

a. If you all feel the page goes slow.
VERY!

b. Is there any improvment after the first page
Yes, I only seem to have problems with the first page, everything after that is slower then before, but not anywhere near as slow as the first page

c. what browser you're using.
Opera

d. What country you're in and internet provider you're using.
US, Verizon cable internet

post #54 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Adolescent Pup

. If you all feel the page goes slow. The pages are loading great for me.

b. Is there any improvment after the first page? So far its working fine for me.

c. What browser you're using mozilla fire fox

d. What country you're in and internet provider tds.net

love ya all on Paw talk

Proud Mommy To

Dog Jewels Chihuahua JackRussel Mix 1 Year Old <3

Kitten Precious Jade
<3 Almost Three Weeks Old

Was A Mommy To
Cat Freckles Rip

Kitten Lucky Ran Away

Cat CQ Rip

Cat Carmel Rip Road Kill

Cat Doger Rip

Dog Bell Got Old Died

Puppy Daughter Of Bell Stormy Died Got Into Poisen

Puppy Sky Daughter Of Bell Died Got Sufficated Under Wood

Hamster Sunny Died To hot Outside Killed it

Hamster Chloe Died Horriable Nightstand Incident

Hamster Lana Died OLd Age

Hamster Midnite Died Idk Why

Hamster Kiara Died Lack Of water but i think old age

Parakeet Keshia Died Idk Why

Parakeet Keet Died Idk Why

Miss Them All terriaballie
post #55 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 11:28 PM
RAT ADDICT

I can see all pics/smilies and avatars with no issues.The main issues for me is the loading/freezing.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #56 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 11:31 PM
RAT ADDICT

a. If you all feel the page goes slow. Yes.It loads super slow and sometimes freezes.This has never been a issues before.It only started since the changes.
b. Is there any improvment after the first page? Sometimes...but not always.I have to refresh the page often!
c. What browser you're using. Internet Explorer.
d. What country you're in and internet provider you're using. Canada and I am using Rogers Hi-Speed.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #57 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I think it's loading fine for me. I use mozilla firefox and my ISP is just a local one through the local cable company.

I'm not sure if I like this side bar thing either. I stopped going to certain pet forums because of all the ads. I mean there are some that were added to the top of the page, and now they're are going to be ones that are added to the side...so what's next? I've seen forums where when you click to view a page it takes you to basically a popup ad and you have to click, skip this ad to move on. Is it ever going to go to that?

Also what happened to the idea that it was going to be fixed to go back to the way it originally was where all the user info was on the left hand side and not the top? Also what happened to the little link that takes you to the new posts since your last visit that's under your PMs in that little box at the top right hand part of the screen?

I know change is good but it was said that a lot of things were going to be put back the way they were after the first upgrade. It's kind of unnerving to me.
If it's all because this is a free site then I would probably be more then willing to pay to make all these things to go away...that's how much I like it here.

ETA: I also hate the similar thread thing at the bottom of the posts. A lot of the stuff isn't even relevant and goes by a certain key word.
post #58 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Seeker of Orbs

still sleepy with baby in one arm, i thought 'oh crap the sites gone!" cuz it looked like those....default maybe, pages....anyway, i'm awake now, saw the critter pics scrolling.....looks good! Maybe a color change?

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #59 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Ok, so here is mine...

a. If you all feel the page goes slow.

They are not as fast as before all the changes. It is slower now.

b. Is there any improvment after the first page

Yes, it is better than it was a few days ago.

c. what browser you're using.

Internet Explorer

d. What country you're in and internet provider you're using.

US, Time Warner Cable Road Runner High Speed Online.

...and I still see little red X's in white boxes where a smilie should be and also some members still have their avatars missing.
And I still havent gotten an answer as to why my post in classifieds has now got some of the font all smushed together and overlapping since the upgrades. Makes it hard to read.
post #60 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Everything is working ok for me except that I'm seeing red x's for some people's avatars and smilies. My own avatar is coming up as a red x.

Edited to add that I just went to my control panel to get a different avatar and ALL of them are showing up as red x's there.

Rhonda

Closed Thread

Tags
guinea pig