An overhaul for paw-talk - Page 5 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Now what!?

when I clicked on a link in the box at the bottom of page that says...Similar Threads...this is what I get..

Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.
Note: This requires cookies!
Password:

...and so I entered my password and got this...

The password you entered was incorrect. Please try again.
Note: This requires cookies to be enabled!
Password:

I was viewing this thread...http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f133/...ead-46079.html

Then clicked link in the Similar Thread box..this one..
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f108/...ead-20285.html
and got above messages.

Lve Never Fails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
RAT ADDICT

The squished look didn't bother me before...but thats because I have my screen size set to 1152 by 864 pixels.

When I made the screen bigger,the font/text was even worse and alot harder to read! So I dislike that.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #63 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature View Post
Now what!?

when I clicked on a link in the box at the bottom of page that says...Similar Threads...this is what I get..

Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.
Note: This requires cookies!
Password:

...and so I entered my password and got this...

The password you entered was incorrect. Please try again.
Note: This requires cookies to be enabled!
Password:

I was viewing this thread...http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f133/...ead-46079.html

Then clicked link in the Similar Thread box..this one..
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f108/...ead-20285.html
and got above messages.
The thread you clicked was in the Debate forum, which may be why you got that. The threads in there haven't been deleted, the forum was just blocked. I should probably go purge those ...

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

another quick update-
just to let you know we mapped most of the problems... and we're on top of everything. Fixed most of it on the local version, and most likely we'll get it all out by Monday.
I'll post a full update shortly when we get it out, to summarize all the problems fixed.

aivv.
post #65 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Oh, just wanted to mention in case it was overlooked that on the leftside menu that the FAQ tab and News tab when clicked show nothing except.. [ Back ]..at the moment.

Jade I read what you said. Maybe that was it then.

But there seems to still be a problem with the Similar Threads box.
I clicked , Next Phase for Pawtalk thread, http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f141/...alk-43722.html from that box and this time and got ..

luvnature, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
And I do not think this thread was not in the debate forum. It was a fairly recent thread if I remember correctly.
post #66 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I think we should just get rid of the sidebar menu all together and keep the one on the top like we had before. Then, if ads need to be added later, maybe it could be to the very top and bottom of the pages. Would those areas sell?

post #67 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature View Post
Oh, just wanted to mention in case it was overlooked that on the leftside menu that the FAQ tab and News tab when clicked show nothing except.. [ Back ]..at the moment.

Jade I read what you said. Maybe that was it then.

But there seems to still be a problem with the Similar Threads box.
I clicked , Next Phase for Pawtalk thread, http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f141/...alk-43722.html from that box and this time and got ..

luvnature, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
And I do not think this thread was not in the debate forum. It was a fairly recent thread if I remember correctly.
Luv i got the same thing on threads that i thought were recent as well. I though that maybe they were in a section i didn't have access to or something i didn't think other s were having the issue so i didn't say anything.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #68 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

I hate to be a stinker, but I would like to see what Jane (Formula86) suggested happen.

post #69 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Leo

I don't mind the side bar. I would just prefer it was on the RIGHT side of the page not the left, because we read left to right and it is extremely distracting being where it is. Once we have flashing ads playing over there I have to say I probably will not be frequenting here as often, because with the new smooched look, small font and something flashing at me it will be to hard to read. I do not mind ads as long as they are for pet friendly companies offering services and not pets for sale (I am not complaining about the need for ads).
I am interested to see what these new changes will be, because the overall layout/design right now stinks.
My biggest complaint would be that the side bar should be on the RIGHT not the left.

I do have an honest question for the new administrators/owners.
What are your goals with acquiring Paw Talk? Is this just a business venture for you and does our community come second to that?

I wish that before this site was sold, that it had been offered to the community to purchase, so we could have kept it the way it was before. I understand that supporting memberships were offered, but had we been told that Paw Talk was being sold we probably all could have come together and made an offer.

I don't mind the new changes, and change can be good, but I do miss the sense of community that we used to have, and that is why I lurk more than I post. I'm sure this will just be received as me whining though and perhaps what I think doesn't even matter anyway.
post #70 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Adolescent Pup

This is a awesome new layout i like it

love ya all on Paw talk

Proud Mommy To

Dog Jewels Chihuahua JackRussel Mix 1 Year Old <3

Kitten Precious Jade
<3 Almost Three Weeks Old

Was A Mommy To
Cat Freckles Rip

Kitten Lucky Ran Away

Cat CQ Rip

Cat Carmel Rip Road Kill

Cat Doger Rip

Dog Bell Got Old Died

Puppy Daughter Of Bell Stormy Died Got Into Poisen

Puppy Sky Daughter Of Bell Died Got Sufficated Under Wood

Hamster Sunny Died To hot Outside Killed it

Hamster Chloe Died Horriable Nightstand Incident

Hamster Lana Died OLd Age

Hamster Midnite Died Idk Why

Hamster Kiara Died Lack Of water but i think old age

Parakeet Keshia Died Idk Why

Parakeet Keet Died Idk Why

Miss Them All terriaballie
post #71 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 04:15 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

Being a website owner, I can understand why the owner would want to put more ads on the site (my sites have lots of ads, but they're not overly distracting) But I have to agree that it would be much better on the righthand side rather then the left. Right now it just looks like it doesn't belong. It looks like it is from another site and the forums is just a part of the site, looks very unprofessional, but I can get use to it if I have to, cuz I'm not going anywhere else, I like it here.
post #72 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

I think we should all remember that the upgrade isn't just about ads. It's also about new features that we'll all get to use. So that's a good thing.

post #73 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 PM

After i post and when i look at my old posts' my avatar just says 'tarita2004's avatar'
i get no picture
even if i delete cookies, try a new avatar, etc.
post #74 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:14 PM

this is it

see????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pt.JPG (39.6 KB, 4 views)
post #75 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yes, yours is one of the many people who still have and X in a little white box for an avatar
Closed Thread

Tags
guinea pig