An overhaul for paw-talk - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

An overhaul for paw-talk

Hi Everyone,

It's been much longer than expected.. but today we've rolled out a "new" paw-talk
This overhaul includes some UI changes, face-lift of the front page, and some more functionality- yet trying to preserve the familiar vBulletin look-n-feel that has been here for the last years.
So first- any feedback would be appreciated
We tested the functional aspects, and it looks good- forums work well, and we didn't find any problems- but as in most cases, it's most likely that a few bugs got sneak in- pls let us know about any annomaly you encounter.
This overhaul also includes the integration of a content-management-system, which would allow us to publish articles, FAQs, knowledge-base etc - helping to capture all the great nuggets of info that are spread among 340,000+ posts we have here.
I truly hope that we will utilize this great functionality offered by the content-management-system. I'm sure we'll mention it a lot in the future

We'll also include a pet-of-the-month module, get the front-page image rotator to point to members images (oh, there's also the image gallery we have to put in to work here), and more. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome

Aviv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I logged on this morning, still sleepy eyed but then the new look of homepage sure woke me up quick Looks good.
Just will take some getting used to

as for bugs...at the moment I cannot access the My Control Panel from the menu on the left column on homepage.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Will It Ever Change?

so far so good! i like the new homepage! very catchy, easily accessible, user friendly

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:14 AM
RAT ADDICT

It was certainly a suprise! But I like it!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Guarded by Waffles

I will have to get used to it. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet...

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Just noticed that most of the "Popular Discussions" on the homepage are old, old threads.

post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

-nevermind- :edit

I like it i think
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I like it overall. Neat stuff. I like the picture slideshow.

On the other hand, the pages take a long time to load. Also, the text on the forums home page (for example) is so close to the text box lines that it's hard to read. It looks very compressed. And I would change the default font. This one is hard to read (very compressed, as well).

Oh, and I can't vote on what I think of the new PT (from the main home page).

post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

I have to agree with Formula, its hard to read the everything cause its so compressed into one another, is there any way to change that? its also a tad on the small side to read I find myself squinting at the forum page and thread names to read them.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yes, thats a good point. Things do look kinda squishy and I think that if the font was made larger and was a different type it would be much easier to read. Also, my posted glycerin soap ad in the classified section (http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f81/h...ize-45942.html) is all squishsed up in places. Don't know what happened. It wasnt like that before.

Lve Never Fails

post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

I really like the homepage, but the colors don't look right, they don't totally match. So far I'm not liking the side menu, it squishes the forum and the colors don't match. Oh and the banner is blurry now.

Hey maybe since the forum is being changed so much a new banner should be made. Don't get me wrong the old banner is really nice, but a change is always nice. Plus there's been some people complaining that there isn't a guinea pig in it, lol. Maybe we could have a contest like someone suggested awhile ago, where anyone can make a banner and then the members could choose which one they like best. You could even put the old one in the contest cuz maybe some people would want to keep it the way it is.

Just a thought.
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Hello Earthling

I like it, I'm not to sure if anyones said this yet to lazy to read it all, but everything looks squished

post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Plus there's been some people complaining that there isn't a guinea pig in it, lol.

post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

it looks nice. it is a little cramped like everyone said. but overall, it's a nice little change. and a banner contest would be really cool.

Pet Parent to:

Golden/Labrador Retriever: Maxine

My Two Favorite Dwarf Hamsters:

Love you buddy, I'll see you later: Ozzy

Gone, but never forgotten: Drix

I liked this smiley so I just had to add it.
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 05:07 PM

For me, it is very hard to read the font now. It seems smaller, and agreed, more squished.

Have to say, I don't like the side menu. It leaves a chunk of unused space down the side of threads, and makes the threads (and forums) squished and hard to read.
Closed Thread

Tags
guinea pig