Paw-Talk 50/50 Raffle! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exclamation Paw-Talk 50/50 Raffle!

Here's how it works!

1 - Each chance to win will cost $2.00. Payment must be received before the drawing. When I receive your payment, I will post your name to this thread so that you know I received your payment and so that everyone will see how big the prize is getting.

2 - I will collect money through the 4th of November, at which time I will take the total collected and split it in half. Half will go to the site to help cover the costs of maintaining Paw-Talk and the other half will go to the winner! I will have someone other than me draw a name within a week after the raffle is closed and a winner will be announced as soon as possible.

3 - The winner will choose (from the list below) and let me know where they want their gift certificate purchased from. If the winner doesn't like their options, I am open to any suggestions that are in my area or online. Cash is an option as well!

4 - Payment: Paypal is the easiest way. Just send your $$ to [email protected] and make sure you note how many chances you'd like and mention the raffle. You can also mail me a check or money order or well concealed cash (at your own risk). Just PM me for my address.

5 - All members excluding Admins will be allowed to participate. Admins will be helping with the drawing of names AND we'll have lots of fun watching you all have fun!!

Gift Certificates for raffle winners will be purchased at one of these stores.....or any store in my area or online that the winner chooses. Heck, the winner can have cold hard cash if they want!

Walmart
Target
Kohl's
Home Depot
Lowes
Old Navy
Pier 1 Imports
Starbucks
Payless Shoes
Sears
JCPenney
Lane Bryant
Olive Garden

** FYI-Our Raffles are not meant to "keep the site running"...you don't have to worry about losing this site. I will always cover the cost of maintaining it. The money that is earned here will "help" with the costs. I promise you, any money that the site makes here will be put to good use. When or if, the money earned per year exceeds the amount it costs just to have the site online, we'll use it for extra features.

We all like to feel like this is "our" site. So I'm thinking this is a great way to have fun, possibly win a prize, and support "our" site at the same time.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 08:44 PM

Count me in
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'll keep an eye out, Bridget!! Best of luck to all participants!!

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:13 PM

I am maybe blind, it wouldn't surprise me LOL, but I can't see what the value of the prize is ?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

im just wondering if this is legal...not trying to say your doing something illegal but are you sure you wont get in trouble for doing something like this? Just wouldnt want anyone to get in any kind of trouble thats all.

Lve Never Fails

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature
im just wondering if this is legal...not trying to say your doing something illegal but are you sure you wont get in trouble for doing something like this? Just wouldnt want anyone to get in any kind of trouble thats all.
It's really a gray area in this state ... we are not a profit based site, and the proceeds will go 100% to the site - the state requires 90% to go to the organization. Unless someone turns us in it shouldn't be a problem.

Stephanie

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmyasp
I am maybe blind, it wouldn't surprise me LOL, but I can't see what the value of the prize is ?
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37052
It depends on the entries.

Stephanie

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
The value of the prize is half of what everyone turns in, if she collects $50, then the prize will be $25.

Quote:
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

oh i know that all raffles are not illegal...just wasnt sure about internet ones..i have never participated in a raffle thru the internet before and not any actually for many years now. I dont think i will enter though. Someone always has to lose for there to be a winner with things like this. But I know that some of the money will go to help with the costs of the site and thats good. So i guess we all will win in some sort of way because of this.

Lve Never Fails

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature
i have never participated in a raffle thru the internet before and not any actually for many years now. I dont think i will enter though.
Hi luvnature, if you want to help support the site, rather than participate in the raffle, you could become a supporting member (if you aren't one already).

Personally, I don't consider this an internet raffle/illegal kinda thing because we are sending the money directly to Steph who is the owner of this site. I'm all in for contributing to help her with the costs to run this site. (I'm a supporting member of PT).

Everyone on this site is great. The support & advise I get here is wonderful & hopefully I'm able to offer good support & advise to others here. Good luck to those who enter.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 AM

Hi, I'd like to participate but I also boycott paypal. Being in the UK I can't really send a check or money order. Can we pay though amazon for this?
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Hi Bridget! Yes i already know that anyone can become a supporting member.

I thought my other posts was pretty clear (#5 & 9) I did not say that this was illegal, i was asking only cuz i wasnt sure about it and didnt want anyone to get in trouble. I know that any money given will go to help with the costs of the site. I have nothing against that. So we all will benefit from this raffle somehow.

I agree, this site is terrific. I have learned bunches about the pets i keep as well as other pets and animals. Have also made some really great friends as well.

Lve Never Fails

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:11 AM

Hooray for pt and its knowledge and fab friends
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by petpredicaments
Hi, I'd like to participate but I also boycott paypal. Being in the UK I can't really send a check or money order. Can we pay though amazon for this?
Yes, that's fine. Just make sure you PM me to let me know and do it more than a week before the deadline, since it takes 7 days to clear.

Stephanie

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Yes, that's fine. Just make sure you PM me to let me know and do it more than a week before the deadline, since it takes 7 days to clear.
will do, thank you

Tags
animal shelter, animal shelters