PLEASE READ: Political Signatures - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exclamation PLEASE READ: Political Signatures

Due to the inflammatory nature of politics and the recent issues, we're going to ask that all political images/sayings be removed from all signatures. This is a pet forum and we'd rather avoid the issues associated with everyone having a political reference in their signature. We all have opinions and that's fine, but an opinion's an opinion's an opinion and you're not going to change anyone's mind. With the election in 3 days, we might as well remove them now.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
With the election in 3 days
Thank goodness, it's almost over!

Rhonda

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Took mine off. I'm glad its almost over too!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 08:57 PM

I am glad it is almost over too.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Just erased mine. Just a few days and we get to see if we have a new president.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Took mine off too...had no problems doing it either, just click and delete!
I can't wait till this election is over, this has probably been the worst yet!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

deep breaths everyone! (agree as well, glad it's almost over!)
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

yup took mine off, and seeing as we already voted, I just can't wait for it to all be over with

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 04:30 AM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Due to the inflammatory nature of politics and the recent issues, we're going to ask that all political images/sayings be removed from all signatures. This is a pet forum and we'd rather avoid the issues associated with everyone having a political reference in their signature. We all have opinions and that's fine, but an opinion's an opinion's an opinion and you're not going to change anyone's mind. With the election in 3 days, we might as well remove them now.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
OMG, thanks so much, Jade! I feel that you are a great administrator ... this site or any other. Most admins. don't even notice things like that, much less post about it. You go girl! You're awesome!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 05:05 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

hmm...i guess i'm the only one here that is put off by the fact that we cannot express our opinions here in our signatures. i think i know where this thread is coming from, but i do not think that all members should be forced to take their images out. i will, because i know i must. but just because it is a pet forum does not mean that animals are our whole lives.

i am not sick of the election. i love election years, unlike many here. and yes, even the mud-slinging, etc. it tells you a lot about the canidates.

oh well...

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 06:56 AM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
hmm...i guess i'm the only one here that is put off by the fact that we cannot express our opinions here in our signatures. i think i know where this thread is coming from, but i do not think that all members should be forced to take their images out. i will, because i know i must. but just because it is a pet forum does not mean that animals are our whole lives.

i am not sick of the election. i love election years, unlike many here. and yes, even the mud-slinging, etc. it tells you a lot about the canidates.

oh well...
Sweetie, it's nothing against you or anyone else. Jade is only trying to avoid conflicts with this political debate. This is a great website for us pet owners, and she is only trying to protect it while also trying to keep us all happy. I feel that she's doing an excellent job! Please give her a round of applause ... cuz I know it's extremely difficult and time-consuming to keep this site up and running. Jade has my utmost respect in allowing us to post here and keep this site running to help all of us, as I know it definitely costs her to do it. We should all thank her for that, cuz if it weren't for her, none of us would even be here. Thank you, Jade!!!!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:30 AM
I'm a Closet Nose Picking Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86

oh well...
Not to turn this OT but not being able to express your opinions in your sig? Riiiggghhhttt. You're being asked to not express your choice of political candidate in your sig for the good of the whole. Do I want to take my line out of my sig? No. Am I now unable to express my opinions no. **** gets taken WAY too seriously around here.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:51 AM
Part of the Pack

If it's in your sig., then it's also "advertised" in every forum you've posted in ... not just the "Off Topic" forum. Jade isn't telling you that you can't express your feelings or opinions, but just to keep it limited to the "Off Topic" forum, within a post, and not your sig. That's not asking too much, and I really feel that everyone should give Jade some appreciation here. We didn't have to pay for membership, and this site is not only costing her to keep it up and running, but its also consuming her valuable time. Why does she do this? It's to help us, because she cares about us, and she's a very generous and caring person. Please have some compassion and thank Jade for what she's given us. Please, I beg of you!!!!

Last edited by Z Car Barbie; 10-31-2004 at 08:05 AM.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 08:39 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Yes Z Car, Jade deserves a ton of respect in the aspect of providing PT for us. Quite often that goes unnoticed. The forum is compramised of MANY MANY things though...

~Jade deserves appreciation for providing PT & keeping it open...
~Lox deserves appreciation for hosting PT & helping with all the technical mumbo jumbo...
~Christi deserves appreciation for founding PT...
~Dena deserves appreciation because she is ithe Queen (and a wonderful co-admin I just wanted to throw in the queen part )
~and Sassy, Scarlette, CapnSweets, Becki, Chrisanne, KittyGurl, & Jodi all deserve appreciation for helping to run PT & give Jade a slight break...

~ and most importantly the contributing members deserve appreciation because without members there would be no PT anyway.

so my final thought on this is everone on PT deserves:

in one way or another...
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 08:42 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Exactly!

Besides... the most important thing right now is figuring out my Z-name dilemma

- Deb

Tags
pet owner