Raffle for $75 pet gift basket - Carolina Wild Care - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Raffle for $75 pet gift basket - Carolina Wild Care

Hi all!

The charity we'll be donating all raffle proceeds to is Carolina Wild Care. It is a registered, tax exempt wildlife rehabilitation organization, run by Vicki Fisk out of her home in Charlotte, NC. Vicki is a federally licensed rehabilitator and takes in everything from birds to squirrels, even at 11pm if need be. I was overwhelmed by her dedication and caring when I visited her home to drop off two orphaned birds.

This is the direct wording on the information sheet:
Quote:
Carolina Wild Care is committed to the preservation of wildlife and through education and the rehabilitation of sick, injured or orphaned wildlife in North Carolina. Our goal is to always return healthy animals to their native habitat.

During the last 15 years, wildlife rehabilitation has progressed from being predominantly loving housewives caring for animlas, to a professional field of devoted wildlife veterinarians, behaviorists, nutritionists and rehabilitators. I am proud to be among the current professionals who realize that preparing wildlife to be returned to their native habitat requires much more than "a little milk ... a few nuts ... and setting them free when they're bigger."

We now know each species has specific nutritional needs, and that they must be environmentally and socially stimulated in order to survive and thrive in the wild.

Carolina Wild Care provides the proper nutrition, caging, and mental/physical stimulation for each species to ensure their successful release back into the wild. With over five years of experience, Carolina Wild Care has both the expertise and appropriate licenses to rehabilitate songbirds, waterfowl, and small mammals.

Carolina Wild Care is a non-profit, tax exempt organization that cares for wildlife. Donations are never required, but are very much appreciated. Since we receive no funding from state, city, or county agencies, we depend on the kindness of people like you that care about wildlife.
Ticket Prices
1 ticket = $3
2 tickets = $5
3 tickets = $8
4 tickets = $13
6 tickets = $16
10 tickets = $20

Each ticket bought is one chance to win. Click Here to purchase tickets via PayPal. If you would like to use another method of payment, please use the forum email function and email or PM me for details.

The Prize
As of now, the prize stands at a gift basket for the pet of your choice, valued at $75. Other prizes are in the works, but until they are 100% certain, I won't be including them officially. I'll update this if other prizes show up.

EVERY SINGLE PENNY donated will be sent to Carolina Wild Care. Depending on the outcome, I may go and buy some supplies for them but not one penny of it will be set aside for PT - it's all for charity. Thanks for your compassion and dedication! We as a community CAN make a difference!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Stephanie

post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 09:21 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I've talked to Vicky on the phone before when I found 2 injured birds. She was very helpful and offered to take 'em (I found a rehabber in my town so it was closer). I've heard good things about her through the grape vine and I think this raffle is an awesome idea.

~ Jodi ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

How long will this be going on for?
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

3-4 weeks.

Stephanie

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Stephanie

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Oh come on guys, $3 could get you $75 worth of things for your pets and it's for a fabulous cause. I've only had one person buy any tickets!

Stephanie

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Jade how long is this staying open (when is the drawing?)

I know we all love our furkids enough & spoil them terribly... 75.00 can be A LOT of stuff and a chance at that for ONLY 3.00... come on guys you can't go wrong!! In addition you are helping aout a good cause!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Stephanie,

I am pay-pal free since Ray would see me spending. I am hoping to be able to mail you something, maybe for two tickets this week. Is that okay? I hate not pay-palling if it will be a pain.

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I plan to keep it open for several weeks - we'll kind of play it by ear. You're welcome to send something by snail mail Nicole! If you need my address, let me know. Make sure you mark it for CWC so I can separate it.

Stephanie

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

PM me your address just to be sure I am sending it to the right house. i keep all of the addresses in a box on my desk. I'd hate to send it and it be the wrong place!

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

I would like to let everyone know that I am adding to the raffle basket for the winner a $40.00 gift certificate to HiTech Cruising (mine & hubby's company) to use towards the purchase of a pair of Wiley-X Sunglasses or a product from our leather apparal line (gloves, jackets, chaps, pants, etc). Depending upon the item(s) you choose you could very well get product totally free.

Come on everyone lets help this organization out & show that we as a community nationwide CAN make a difference!!
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

OO, this sounds great!! I'm in!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Tags
baby birds, carolina wild care, wild animal, wild animals