Signature Size Policy Change - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exclamation Signature Size Policy Change

Total width for any images, single or combined on one line, should be no wider than 550 pixels. Any single image should be no larger than 450 pixels. Total height of the signature, including total images or text, should be no more than 350 pixels.

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/rules.php?do=view&rid=21

For your convenience, here is a sample image, 450 x 300. We would prefer signatures conform to these guidelines, but have added a 50 pixel leeway for those who have trouble calculating pixel size.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Exclamation

I know a lot of time people have a hard time judging total size when you are including the text as well, so I thought I would attempt to clear up the confusion & help out by posting the font sizes & what it equals in pixels sizes.

I am typing all this using the Verdana font (which I believe is the default font) but all the font styles are very close in size.

1 = 8 pixels
2 = 10 pixels (default font size)
3 = 14 pixels
4 = 16 pixels
5 = 20 pixels
6 = 27 pixels
7 = 42 pixels

each space between lines is equal to the size of font you are using.
I wouldn't reccommend using a font size higher than 3-4 though depending on whether or not you have other graphics in your signature.

* a side note about all the count down tickers... they average in height of 70-75 pixels high.

I hope this helps clarify the font height a little
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

** NOTE **

If you are unsure if your signature meets the guidelines & can't figure it out using the above info, please feel free to PM me or post in the testing section

(just trying to keep this thread clean - so we can easily refer back to it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Rhonda

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:50 PM

Everyone PLEASE check the size of your signatures. I've noticed quite a few people are going over the limit. I hate to be the signature nazi, but they WILL be deleted if you have been warned and fail to comply with the guidelines.

Rhonda

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Rhonda

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello Earthling

Just noticing some signatures are HUGE

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM

it's about time... those huge ones were getting a little careless and annoying.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

is mine ok?

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yours is 396 x 175, which is fine.

Stephanie

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Hello Earthling

You can also check the size by RIGHT CLICKING and choosing PROPERTIES look for IMAGE DIMENSIONS

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Adolescent Pup

Yea, I just edited mine and it looks a bit large. Please let me know if I have to correct it, THANKS! (:

(I would do it myself but I'm not good with the "pixel size" thing.)

Miss Ruby Alice -- Mini-lop Rabbit (2.5 years old)

Buddy -- Toy Poodle (9 years old)

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

-George Eliot

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:37 AM
Newborn Pup

I see. I read the forum rules first before posting. Thanks for the reminder.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 07:06 AM

Vet Cairns

Pet owners should make regular visits to their local veterinary clinic. Part of being a responsible pet owner is to make sure that your pet is receiving the proper and necessary veterinary care. So how does a pet owner know which Cairns vet clinic is a good quality one? Earlville Veterinary Surgery has been taking care of pets for more than three decades now and assures pet owners that their furry, feathery or scaly best friends will receive the finest veterinary care available in Cairns. Here's a shortlist that contains the most important basic services your vet clinic should provide.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Newborn Pup

nishing is the key to determine

Sorry, i awenuojinn.,In a sense, finishing is the key to determine the success or failure of printing products, often due to quality problems caused by printing Postpresswaste all the previous efforts. Paper print is the use of a variety of printing ink colored graphics and text form in paper substrate surface. Surface decoration processingprinting products mainly include: printing