Software upgrades... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Software upgrades...

Last night the database software that was running Paw Talk was upgraded. It looks like the home page (portal) has some issues with the new database server so I will need to upgrade this site ASAP. I am going to try and do this later today.

As we have a somewhat modified version of the software we might loose some features. I will work to put them back ASAP. My first goal is to get he software upgraded. Then I will look at restoring the other features.

Thanks for your patience during this downtime. It will be very nice to be running the latest version of all the software that runs our community.

Regards,

Andy R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I figured something like that was going on. No worries...I guess I'll just find something else to do in the meantime. Like try to get ahold of Steph for once. Dang newlyweds!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I just wanted to let you all know that there is still a lot of tweaking left to do with the site before the new software is totally configured.

We had lots of hacks/plugins that were installed quite a long time ago. I will be trying to restore some of the functionality but please note that not all the little tweaks will be restored exactly like they were before. The reason is that we need to keep the software simple so future upgrades will be easier.

I will post more updates shortly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:15 PM
RAT ADDICT

So thats where the "skins" went! I wondered where my purple layout went to! And why I couldn't back.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Yes, there are lots of template edits with this. So moving forward we will only have one skin (to keep things simple). That way we don't have to keep so many styles maintained (which increases the the amount of maintenance).
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Leo

Will we still have the feature where you can see all unread messages since your last visit? (I LOVE that feature otherwise there would be certain threads and Topics that I would never visit)
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yea I'm on Leo's level I LOVE seeing if there are any missed features .

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 11:05 PM

dude...PT is sending me mass emails every time some one posts!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Will we still have the feature where you can see all unread messages since your last visit? (I LOVE that feature otherwise there would be certain threads and Topics that I would never visit)
we can still see new posts...if you look up near the top on the tabs where it says.... ..forums...user cp.......then you will see New Posts tab.
I always like to start off with the new stuff too.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

What about the arrow next to the thread title that, when clicked, brings you to your last post in that thread? That is my favorite and I NEEEEEEED it! Haha!

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

Oh, also - I chose to have everyone's info appear on the left of their posts, and it's still on top. I just figure that everything hasn't been reset yet. Is that right?

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yeah, that little arrow thingy.... that is a handy little doodad isn't it!

Im sure that will be back soon! Its a good way to catch up from where you left off last.

Hurry, Jane neeeeeds it! & Me too
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Patience Grasshoppers.... upkeeping a forum is A LOT of work & I see Andy's point about keeping things simple. There have to be comprimises sometimes whether we like it or not - besides it is HIS forum to do as we wish - I'm just thankful we still have it

& Jane -- in your USEER CP there is an option to change the user info to the left
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 10:22 AM

The "left" option is not up and running yet.

Andy is very busy because he is updating servers not just this forum so it will be closer to the end of the week when we will start to see some of the changes. We thank you in advance for your patience.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
RAT ADDICT

Well as long as we still have the forum,then thats all that matter right now!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *