Suggestions?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Suggestions??

Hey all!

I'd like to know what you'd like to see over here at Paw-Talk!! We seem to be slowing down in member activity and I'd like to make this the best place it can be!!

So let's hear it!!!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 08:35 PM

I can't say that I would like to see anything change , I would just like to see more people posting...

I love PT just the way it is!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

How about additions? We've got plenty of room to grow ...

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 01:16 AM

added I think we have our bases covered, but it seems we have had a ton of lurkers.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 01:45 PM

Can we add personal pages to memebers or at least web pages where moderators display pictures and information that doesn't dissappear over time due to that forum not being looked at?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Lizgirl,

Check out the reptile and amphibian section -- is that what you mean by disappear? They're not really gone, you just have to change the settings to show threads from a certain number of days or the beginning. I can set forums that don't have a lot of activity to show all threads ever made in that forum, like I did for reptile and amphibian. The drawback then is load time for dial-up users. This would be particularly tough to do in forums with a lot of activity, such as chit chat or chinchillas.

Let me talk it over with a couple mods and see what we can put together. Maybe an 'archives' of some sort that contain links to informational threads? Would that work? I saw another forum do it and if that's what you're talking about, it's probably doable.

If I totally misunderstood ya, let me know!!

Stephanie

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 02:10 PM

That sounds like a good idea.

It wasn't exactly what I was thinking, but I understand how personal pages could be a problem for those who dial up. I was thinking something like geocities. However, I like the simplicity of Paw-Talk. If people want to do their own pages, they can use geocities or other similar sites.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

What kind of info would you be thinking of for personal pages then?

Stephanie

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 12:13 AM

I'm not sure what I was thinking exactly. Just personal pgase we could design with info about pets, ourselves, our missions in life, etc. Don't think too much about it unless you like it.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I like the idea ... I am just concerned it would be too much server space. Let me check into it, see what we do have. Maybe we could set up a photo album or something ...

Stephanie

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

You know I've wanted a board strictly for pix, but I understand the reason that can't be done. Maybe a little more "homey" instead of ALL animals - i.e fave quotes, recipes, etc. You know me, I'll think about it!

Or as mentioned on Christi's chin withdrawal thread, a Dream Analysis board. I have three fairly consistent dreams. Two I have figured out but one of them I can't understand!

When I was young and a Vodka drinker I could have some CRAZY dreams and nightmares! Glad I quit doin' that!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

Last edited by Crittercall; 01-12-2003 at 12:50 AM.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Fertile Myrtle

The problem with making a board for Dreams, etc. is that it won't get used much (kinda like the games section...). A better idea is just to use the chit chat forum and title your thread Dream something-or-other and that way everyone will know what it pertains to....

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Question

Jade, for some of the things that have been suggested, like photo albums, chat rooms etc. I know that www.bravenet.com has free things you can sign up for like photo albums and chat rooms and such. It may not be what you are looking for but thought I would mention it anyway (the only thing I don't like about them is if you want to get rid of their advertising then you have to pay a small fee each month )
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 04:51 PM

A quick reply would be nice!!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Fertile Myrtle

The quick reply will be coming soon, along with a few other things!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|