Those of you posting classifieds with emails ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exclamation Those of you posting classifieds with emails ...

Please be on the lookout for a 'too good to be true' scam. There have been scams circulating the pet communities for months now, but the gist of it is that someone from out of the country will want to send you a money order/check to cash for well over the actual price and then they'll want you to send them the extra money back. The end result is that the check/money order is no good and you're out the whole amount AND your pet.

Please use common sense and be cautious.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 02:33 PM

I have gotten a few of these emails. I always delete them without replying.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Yeah sadly we've gotten some in the past they have even come from Africa...so it's everywhere.... We always ignore and delete!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

i've never heard of this. that's so stupid. what is the logical reason that you would send more money than you need to? dumb people...

thanks jade!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Working in a bank I run across quite a few fraudulent cashiers checks that customers bring in and need to send some more money back. Some have been pets as well as other items. Always be suspicious on that one.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I've heard that too, and Africa seems to be the place I've heard about.
It's ridiculous.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I have gotten a few.Just for laughs I decided to reply to one who wanted chinchillas.He and I sent about 3 e-mails back and forth.The 4 the one he sent he wanted my address and just for kicks I gave him the address of the Springfield police department.That was the last I heard from him
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

LOL runt! that's great!!