Trouble Getting Here - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Post Trouble Getting Here

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but today was a perfect example...

It's 7:15pm and it's the first time today that I've been able to get in here.
The entire day when trying I get a page saying that PT is having trouble with their data base....
It's happened a few times before, yet when I finally am able to connect I don't see any mention of anyone else having trouble..

So, I am wondering- is it a routing problem that my ISP has periodically with the way they route me to this site? Or, are the PT servers really down?

The error page I get definately says Paw Talk is having the problem and I get an option to notify the webmaster. I haven't done so - because I don't want to deluge them with low level complaints- I am sure they have bigger fish on their plates than me not being able to get in here.

Anyway - anyone else having this problem?

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Miss New Booty

Exact same thing over here Deja!!! I also got that message I think on Thursday all afternoon as well. I was able to get on here about 3 something today, had a response going, left the room, came back to submit it, and that message came up! I lost what I was writing..grrr. I wonder whats going on? So, its not just you, it's over here too! *sighhhh*

~* Jackie *~

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Jackie- yeah! I think it was Thursday for me too! Exact same thing happened - I had written a response to a post - and BAM- when I submitted it I got that same error screen that the servers were down.. hrrm! OK- it's not just me!

[center]

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 06:44 PM
Miss New Booty

Isn't that SOOOOOO aggravating, when u lose what u wrote?! Or like, I'll be typing and it will freeze on my end or one time my power went out after a page of response!!! It was goooone! lol

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 07:14 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Nope, not just you guys. The forum was down for a while today and a couple of days ago (thursday or friday).

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks Becki!

[center]

[
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 07:35 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

No problem, sorry I don't have more details, I just don't get that part, lol.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 08:24 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

I believe it has something to do with the server where Paw-Talk is located... anyone on that particular server was most likely down
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 11:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Were you guys getting an actual database error or "page not available/found" errors?

Stephanie

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 12:14 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Hmm, I got the database error......with the option to notife the webmaster (which I never do cuz I figure y'all knew already)

But the withdrawls from PT were horrible Jade! I'm so glad were back & runing again! Wooo Hooo!:blob3:

(just a little note, my hubby finally told me to quit trying to get on PT and to just give y'all a break to get it fixed.....I gave in....and guess what I got suckered in to doing..........making diner for him and his friend! Ugh. Yay, I get the play the perfect wiffie poo! HA - I should've given them a frozen pizza but nooooo, I make the big meal with all the extras.....sucker!)

Ok, back to *****ing about PT....

~ Jodi ~

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 12:26 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yeah, the 600 emails in my inbox told me it was a database error.

I was out of town, so of course it went down.

We kind of have few options at this point. We can upgrade the forum which would hopefully stop the errors, but we're going to lose a lot of our customizations such as color schemes, quick reply, etc. I'm TRYING to wait until the release the next version of the software in the 'stable' format. It's out in Beta 5 and we have it running on our test forum but I don't want to upgrade twice.

If I get a majority vote and a promise not to complain during the process, I might go ahead and at least go to the next step up (which we have to do anyway in order to uprade to version 3). Thoughts?

Stephanie

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Miss New Booty

I got the same message as JG.. and I also didn't send a mail or anything b.c I figured you all knew too.

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 12:31 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Every time the forum does that, it sends an email for each loading of the page. I literally had hundreds in my mailbox.

Stephanie

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Jade, you work so hard to keep us all happy here- Thank you!!!
JMO - Since you are the one who knows the system and what would work the best, my thought is- just do what ever will lessen the work load on you.
Again... thank you for devoting so much of your time to doing what you do to keep this place what it is...
to me, it's like my big soft comfy chair... the first place I go to sit and unwind with all my favorite people.
(even if I do talk too much most of the time

[center]

[
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

P.S.
I get the Paw Talk server is having data base problems....
click here to notify webmaster...yadda yadda...
which I don't either for the same reason... 'cause I figure you already know.

[center]

[