Welcome to the improved PT! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Forum News Important information on how the forum works, updates of features added, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Welcome to the improved PT!

We've been upgraded!

Uh-oh, right? No, no worries! Things have gone pretty smoothly and we have a whole host of new features for you to enjoy on PT!

Go take a peek at your profile (or click on mine). Pretty cool, huh? You're now able to customize the look of them (example) and as you may have noticed, we are also adding social networking type options to PT. (Think MySpace but on Paw-Talk!) You can add friends, create social groups (i.e. a group for rats, rabbits, etc.), leave public messages on profiles (like comments on MySpace), create your own photo albums and upload photos with options for privacy settings, track who's viewed your profile, and more.

We've also added options for Social Bookmarking, added the ChatBox to all threads, enabled additional SPAM protection, added options for thread prefixes (coming soon), thread tagging, enhanced 'lightbox' style attachment viewing coming soon, and more behind the scenes updates to help keep the forum running smoothly!
I'm headed out of town tomorrow until the 15th so I won't be around but as soon as I get back, we'll get some of the additional features up and running. In the meantime, play around and enjoy the new options! Please PM papabeten if you notice a technical problem or post here with questions.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jade; 05-05-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:49 AM

Stephanie, This is cool, how do I upgrade?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Charlene, the whole forum was upgraded, you don't have to do anything additional. Go click around in your UserCP and check out your new options.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Smile

Im off to take a look at it now!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:50 PM

I'm such a goof ball! I figured it out as soon as I posted you a note! I am having a BLAST! Almost as fun as changing my Avatars around. I haven't gotten one thing done today except play with the computer. Heh heh. Absolutely loving it so far. Waaahoooey!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:51 PM

Uh, oh... How come it says I may not post new threads? Was I bad? LOL
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yessssssssss, I need something to help me waste time for the next few weeks. This is going to help immensely.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

haha, lol, this is awesome! I loved paw-talk the way it was, ... and now it's even better? WOW, thanks PT!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Wow looks like fun! Just wish i wasnt too tired to play with it all now! but it will defiantly keep me busy later

My Furry Family
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Great, another way to procrastinate .

Cool features!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:53 PM

Pretty nice, Jade! High-Tech PT!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

Sweet!! Thanks, guys.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Will It Ever Change?

sweeeeeeet new features! this is fuuuun. thanks for upgrading!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I am having so much fun with this new stuff!!

Just wanted to post a little glitch here...I did pm papa about it.

When your on a profile page and looking at the top right you will see the mini statistic box there also is "view all statistics" to click on at the bottom of that box.
Well, when you click on that you only get a view for about a split second. After that I get a message telling me that the webcage cannot be found.
I take it that these statistics is where we can see what each member has for pets as well as other things they have listed about themselves...there location, etc.
Just a little glitch that needs a little fix
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 02:04 PM
RAT ADDICT

Cool!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *