= ^ _ ^ = Hey ladies , Join the club - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ^ _ ^ = Hey ladies , Join the club

Sunday just gone while on the way home from my cousin Stuarts house on the ExPostie , something in Albert Rd South Norwood passed me low down to the ground.

At first thinking it was a piece of paper I got off me bike to find this lttle one wallowing in the middle of the road . I spent a couple of minutes chasing a budgie across the road , it was obviously exhausted allready because it was could hardly go above my knee height.

Eventualy our luck ran out and just as a car was coming along this busy back road I managed to make a grab of it in my left hand , this being the only time it made any noise . After an initial struggle I was able to walk back to my flat with bird in hand and ExPostie in another.

The ytemperature that night got down to +3.oC that night and on Monday it was only +4.0C so it was just as well I found the little one , as well as Foxes , Magpies , Crows and other possible predators may have made swift work of a tired budgie overnight.

I had a good look at I after I got back to my flat and came to the conclusion that it was a young female judging by the brown on the cere , budgies usualy have an identity ring on one leg but on this case there was no such ring.

She was'nt pooping in anyway so obviously she had not eaten for some time and I had put her into my domed cage made of a lightweight wood and hung her up from a hook on the ceiling . I was'nt till the morning after that I noticed she had been eating and drinking.

My cousin Stuart always said I was one for picking up the birds , but he did say the feathered variety some time back . And shortly after losing Buzz at Staplehurst , a bird I also found back in 1995 we offered it to Auntie Eileen but she declined.

So due to finding her in Albert Rd I decided to call her Victoria . Of course if it does turn out to be a male if it should lose what brown there is on the cere , I dont realy fancy calling the bird Albert.

One lucky Rudgie

Victoria portrait on the flatscreen

Victoria landscape of flatscreen

Join the club , Victoria , Trinny , Dickie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Oh Victoria is a very pretty!

Have you thought about quarantining her just in case..to be safe?

Lve Never Fails

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Victoria is in her own quaint apartment now and looks the buisness.

Yes , she is a pretty girl , she fits into the colour sceme of my Living room perfectly Luvy.

= ^ _ ^ =

Now I have a Sunshine above.

Ooh fancy a cup of tea Luvy

:XP:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

How more wonderful your living room must look now with such a pretty budgie for added color!

Why yes, thank you dear sir, I would love a spot of tea. How kind you are to remember how much Luvy luvs your living room decor

Lve Never Fails

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Will It Ever Change?

oh my gosh!! what an adorable birdie! i do say i fancy the little thing. i have been one to find lost critters as well. i've rehabilitated many a bird hit by cars, ones kicked out of nests, what a wonderful heart you have!! im so happy you and budgie found each other, im sure it's VERY happy to be warm and fed. *hugs* and a big thank you for being so thoughtful!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Bump !

R.I.P Dickie , R.I.P trinns ( T ) , R.I.P Victoria

Victoria did'nt last long. She was a rescue and I had her fro all of 6 to 8 mnths. She was batty and burned herself out.

* sings *