= ^ _ ^ = A hutch too far - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ^ _ ^ = A hutch too far

Several days ago I came into posession of a Hutch for small animals , Rabbit or Guinea Pig . One of my friends neighbours and his family obviously had'nt been paying the bills and the were evicted from their house. For a week they were leaving things out the front for people to take away.

Among the things I carted away myself were a Desktop computer of which even with my skills I failed to get top work , I suspect the Muvvaboard had died.

A Camera tripod of which after cleaning I found to be the real thing ( proffesional ) and 1 out of 4 cases of 58mm filters for SLR camera . The other three boxes some foreign men took that were at the front of the house also when barbie and I were there.

A British man has his limits and will always feel as if he is doing wrong , even if the owner of the house does'nt want the stuff and has left it for the taking. It did'nt help him being in the hallway with the front door wide open at the time of the Camera filter boxes.

A WEEK LATER

They came back for the last time and ejected a hutch of which I am sure was in their back garden. I'm sure it housed their Guinea Pig { 'Y' } or Guinea's

What I failed to realise was that Barbie told me that John was a Carpenter by trade. When barbie and I lugged this hutch into her house next door by night , I could see there was something different about it.

A few days later I walked the Romec , Ex Post Office trolley from the allotment to the house at Nash's Garden , to pick it up that day. It was only then that it sunk in that this hutch realy was something else * shakes head *

It appeared to be made entirely of Pine wood paneling that would normaly have been used for covering walls in the late 1960's to 1970's. This wooden hutch has been sealed with Shellach varnish and the interior is veneered ! ? ! The handles on the hutch doors again scream out 1960's and 70's.

Surely it cant be true , could this uneccesarily over the top small animal hutch have been made then and lasted in such good condition until now , even outdoors.

The joins in the panels and where they join , back , sides and roof are flawless , and the two doors are tighter that a stone block wall constructed by the Inca's or Mayan's !

Why go to all this trouble to make a Guinea ofr Rabbit hutch look this good. Maybe it's what is called in the antique furniture world as a sampler.

When eventualy I did get it home I scrubbed it down and dried it with a Tea towel . I then spent quite some time applicating a Parafin based wax ( Pagoda wax ) Old Skool . Before wiping it down with clean cloths for a considerable amount of time.

Needless to say I am shocked

I then made the decision that it was way too good for the { 'Y' } Guinea Pig , even thugh it would have held them for many years anyway. What with all the pee , torpedo's and chewing.

Frankie the mankee is has moved in and his old hutch , the guinea pig has moved in there.

Rear and top 3/4 view

Frankie in his new home . he looks so tiny in there =^~^= !

So what do you think guys ? Do you think this animal abode is as excessive and overblown as I think myself.

{ 'Y' }Chumleigh top

Frankie middle

Schneeball bottom (Minus bars )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 02-13-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Betta Bomb

I mostly think it's cool that it may classify as such an animal husbandry antique!! I honestly did not think anybody lower than elite would house their pet in something as grandeur. Are the 2 sections fully separated? Or can the occupants travel between?
Nice find though
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

There is a gap at the back yes , but I dont think Frankie will ever go in there, as he likes to rest in full view behind the wire and generaly keep an eye out. He's quite friendly. I dont intend on taking the partition out , as it would just spoil the inside.

As a matter of fact he knows I am typing about him , he's making a Cooing I can only translate as a , where are you coo . He sometimes makes that noise near bed time.

Also does a similar noise but an adult begging noise and flutters his wings when I put him on his roost stand at night. This normaly means I want a drink of water before bed time

The house next door to Barbie they certainly were not the elite. The house could have been rented or owned. But they were evicted more likely due to not paying bills . Gas , Elec. Possibly rent if the were doing that. Firmly in the working class catagory.

John was a Carpenter so it was his choice no doubt to go over the top. But the positive is , the build quality is superb and this hutch will last indefinately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 02-13-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Tags
hutch pigeon palace