Any Birdie owners - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Princess in Waiting

Oh my, I've been out of pocket here for way too long!!

Dena, what a beautiful baby boy! I can't believe your birds haven't picked up anything from him yet.

And Christi, you don't have a baby anymore do you? He looks like a full-fledged toddler! I bet he's running you ragged. My daughter has a 2-year-old that has such a strong personality and is so funny. (Kind of hurts when even my Dad says she is a lot like I was at that age - 'cause she can pitch some fits!) Of course you know without me saying that she's beautiful.

Back to the talking birds. My senegal will talk some, but she's very timid about it. If the phone rings when I'm in the kitchen, both she and Henry will say Hello before I can. The parrotlet may be speaking, but it's in her own language which is why her name is Pip. She pip, pip, pips. But she does know a trick. I'll tell her to ring her bell and she'll hop up and do that - won't do it for hubby.

Henry (the Eclectus) loves to talk. Daddy's pretty pretty pretty bird (usually whispered); night night Henry; gimme a kiss; girls, you wanna go out?; hey John Robert (the cat); Tibby toe! (one of the dogs - he goes way up high on the Tib part of it); he says Wallis as Wawwis and hasn't quite gotten Sasha yet. Hello until I'm sick of it - I sing the old Beatles song "Hello Hello" back at him. The only thing worse than Hello is What are you doing? and no answer will satisfy him. He whistles the first part of what sounds like Hey hey, Good Looking (a really old sone that you younger PT'ers might not know) and I finish it for him. And then there is always the muttering.

We watched Supernova Rock Star this summer and he LOVED that. He loves music that is upbeat and has to sing along - although his singing fits in more with the heavy metal screaming than anything else. He'll talk up a storm if we are talking or watching TV but shut up if we stop to listen to him.

I'm like the rest of you guys, I don't think I could manage without a bird in the house although I realize that Henry will probably have to be willed to one of my grandkids with any luck. I was going to get back a 'tiel I had raised for my daughter because she really didn't have time for him when Avery came along. Things got messed up around Christmas when we were supposed to meet them in Chattanooga so it was well after before we got there. Mom and Dad have a solid white female 'tiel who had been a constant egg layer until BeeBop came into the house. Mom became quite attached to BeeBop, Frosty is Dad's bird and they wanted to keep it that way. I still wouldn't mind having a 'tiel but now isn't a really good time for that.

I know, I know. I always say too much. Just my nature - sorry!

Crittercall

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
african grey, breeding pair, gold macaw, pet store