Baby Sparrow - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2004, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Red face Baby Sparrow

Hey guys
Bad news is I lost my hearing aid, and found a baby sparrow that has fallen, or was t hrown, out of the nest. He is injured. But he is sooooo cute, and I 'm gonna take care of him, my friend and I do wild bird rescue. This w ill be my 3rd sparrow. He is pretty gung hoe on eating, which is a good sign. He has taken to the canned dog food really well. I have named him/her chance. I was walking up the side walk to the school. And I happened to be looking dxown and noticed something onthe side walk, I looked and it was Chance. At first I assumed he was dead, I'm one of those who will bury a bird or whatever is dead, as long as it is in one piece. When I picked him up he was breathing, and still is. I went in, and got a box to put him in. And then ran to a store and got h im dog food. He loves it and it's actually really good for him. I was just glad that he would open his mouth to me. that must mean that he was pretty desparate but hey whatever works. Iw ill update as ime goes by.
The sparrow is also the good news by the way
love him already!! Don't worry, will keep him away from Eli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2004, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli
Hey guys
Bad news is I lost my hearing aid, and found a baby sparrow that has fallen, or was t hrown, out of the nest. He is injured. But he is sooooo cute, and I 'm gonna take care of him, my friend and I do wild bird rescue. This w ill be my 3rd sparrow. He is pretty gung hoe on eating, which is a good sign. He has taken to the canned dog food really well. I have named him/her chance. I was walking up the side walk to the school. And I happened to be looking dxown and noticed something onthe side walk, I looked and it was Chance. At first I assumed he was dead, I'm one of those who will bury a bird or whatever is dead, as long as it is in one piece. When I picked him up he was breathing, and still is. I went in, and got a box to put him in. And then ran to a store and got h im dog food. He loves it and it's actually really good for him. I was just glad that he would open his mouth to me. that must mean that he was pretty desparate but hey whatever works. Iw ill update as ime goes by.
The sparrow is also the good news by the way
love him already!! Don't worry, will keep him away from Eli
hmm instead of cheap dogfood, it would probably be better to pick up some nursing formula from your local pet specialty shop... hand feed the bird the formula with a dropper, not dogfood which is not nutritionally sound enough for a bird.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

No more updates will be put on about Chance. I had him in a shoebox, pretty stupid of me. I'm on meds that make me not think right. Well anyways, he was on the floor by my bed so that if he made a sound I could hear him. But that also made him readily available to my cat, My heart is broken. I will always love him. Or her. But now I know better then to have the sparrows or anyother kind of "edible" animal by my bed. I don't know why I didn't wakeup when Kitty butt got him, all I can think of is that I was so sound asleep, as my ammoxicillian does that too me, knocks me out, that I couldn't hear anything. I woke up to f eed Chance and he was no longer in his box. I found him dead on the floor. Stupid me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Please keep in mind that in most if not all states, it is illegal to treat or keep wildlife unless you are federally licensed.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

that is true, but t he exceptions are : Sparrows, Starlings, and a few others. My friend and I have done this for awhile now, it was just a very bad and unfortunate lapse of judgement on my part to put h im there
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

and I also found out yesterday, that it more then likely wasn't my cat who killed him. Yes she took him out of the box, but the neck wasn't broken, and no blood or anything. Chances are Chance wasn't gonna live anyways he was probably dead by the time she got to him. I just wish that I could have saved him

Tags
dog food