Photos! Barsha's new Cage. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Barsha's new Cage.

Well today barsha got an upgrade in homes. he went from a decent size of 18 x 13x32 inch cage to a 6 foot by 2 foot, by 5 foot tall cage.

Here are pics of the new cage.

It is a dog kennel i used to have for my iguana that passed away last year. I thought today why wouldn't that work for the bird? so i wrapped all the edges with pipe insulation and bought some cheap dowels and a few more bird perches. I will soon buy some more food dishes and set up different types of food around the cage so he can forage. And i still need to put in the rest of his toys. The bottom i put a plastic table cloth that i can shake out, and throw away. and the top is a fitted sheet fastened with a ton of zip ties. The whole thing is wrapped with plastic chicken wire and plastic hardware cloth. You can buy a parrot cage much smaller than this for over $500, and this cost me $60 dollars since i already had the kennel, the table cloths, and the hardware cloth. and honestly it would have cost less but i bought a big rope perch, a snuggle tube, and new cuttle bone, and random stuff he really doesn't need.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Adolescent Pup

Wow. Lucky Barsha. What a great idea.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Adolescent Pup

Looking good kendalle!! Barsha must be one happy camper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

so far he has ventured to three of the perches. maybe 4.

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Adolescent Pup

Probably just getting settled in. I'd love to see some pics of Barsha in his new home .

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!

Tags
bird cage