Big Birdie pics? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Big Birdie pics?

Hey all you large bird owners (cockatoos, macaws, etc.), can I beg for some pictures to satisfy my 'gimme' urge? I want a bird very much but can't have one for quite some time (if ever), so I need to live vicariously!

We have a cockatoo in here tonight who's just sweet as pie and he's making me all mushy about wanting a birdie again. So any new pics would be much appreciated! I can drool from a distance!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Boo
Adolescent Pup

Sorry Steph, I can't give you your big fix, but will you settle for a mini one???

*Dani*

Owned by:
Jezebel, White Capped Pionus
Lu, Hahn's Macaw
Bubbles, Toy poodle

Last edited by Boo; 01-08-2005 at 10:03 PM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 10:20 PM

I love the Goffin Cockatoo!!

Where I work we had an Umbrella Cockatoo. Sweet as pie. I remember someone had him out and was walking around with him and I took him away from her. She came back to get him and he hissed at her, like he was protecting me! He would whisper "I love you!"

When he was sold I had to fight back the tears! I loved that bird!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Miss New Booty

Here's Angel! You might've seen some of these, Steph.

I love those pictures, Dani!!!

He was outside on his playpen and he just had a bath, too!

Peek a boo!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Herp Nerd

I'm sure I've posted pics of my Twink before, but hey... can never get enough when you need a fix.

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 01:40 PM

Awww, they are just beautiful!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I want them all too!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

They're all beautiful! Thanks everyone!

The 'too went home before I got to work this afternoon. *sniff* Someday ...

Stephanie

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 10:37 PM

Here's my big boy.....
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 10:39 PM

I love Angel, Jackie!

And of course I love Toby!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Lots of love to ya, Tobster.

Stephanie

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Jackie they are gorgeous photos of Angel!!!!! You've got lots of convincing Chris before you can get a bird right Steph? (and getting out of the apartment of course) Good luck to you girlie!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yeah, he's ADAMANT the he does NOT want a bird. I may never convince him. I'd like him to meet Toby and some others first, before making a judgement but I think he has very pre-conceived notions about noise that are his main considerations.

Stephanie

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Blu

Hi Everyone! I thought I would put a pic of my "big bird" up lol His name is Bird...and he is a momma's boy big time!! He defends me tooth and beak.. If my husband walks up to me bird goes on the offensive quickly, but I can soothe him and calm him down by singing "Hakuna Matatah" to him, he will start dancing and sing it with me..and when we are done he kisses me as well as a bird can..on my nose lol Anyway.. presenting BIRD!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Yeah, he's ADAMANT the he does NOT want a bird. I may never convince him. I'd like him to meet Toby and some others first, before making a judgement but I think he has very pre-conceived notions about noise that are his main considerations.
Yeah I understand. If Alex really wanted a bird, I'd be saying no too. I think they are gorgeous and loving hearing birdie stories but even putting my fears aside, I couldn't handle the noise. My aunty used to own a cockatiel and it drove me insane when I'd go visit. I hope you can convince him one day. I know how much you want a bird

Too lazy to even think of a siggy