Bird on a bag! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Bird on a bag!

My hubby brought this burlap bag home for me (from work). Can you believe he found one with a macaw on it?!? Awesome!!

Well, with some encouragement from my mom, I've decided to frame it. I cut out the back part of the bag so pretty much what you see in the picture is what it will be. I washed it outside today but I had to be very gentle because it's ready to fall apart. I wasn't able to get all the marks out (maybe it will add to *the look*??) I want to use a barnwood frame but I'm not sure if one this size will be affordable.

Any other ideas on what I could do with it?

Oh and does anyone know what La Lapa means??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 07:41 PM

"Lapa" has a good number of meanings. In Costa Rican Spanish (and only in Costa Rican Spanish, or that's my understanding) it means the scarlet macaw.

So, there you go! It's a very neat looking bag. Can't wait to see it framed!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

THANK YOU Roz!!! I appreciate the info. And it fits perfectly, because that's a picture of a Scarlet Macaw on the bag!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Jodi what an awesome bag...and its going to be such a unique picture...pretty cool!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Wow, what an awesome find Jodi!!

Stephanie

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 04:14 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

That is just the coolest thing .... so neat !!!

Sharon
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Miss New Booty

Wow, that is awesome Jodi!!!!! SO cool!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Very nice find!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Jodi, you could get an acrylic poster frame from Walmart for less then 15.00 & find some larger sticks or pieces of wood to border the fram using hot glue, this would sorta give it an authentic "old rustic" look.

just a thought
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Kay. That's one of the ideas we thought of. And Use some batting behind it. I have a friend who thinks she has a frame that will fit it though, in the style that I want.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

LOL I think it's almost time for me to go to bed, I thought it said bird in a bag not on a bag lol