Bird feeding, - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Bird feeding,

Hey, guys, lol, anyone been fed by your bird? I went and picked Eli up this Ama nd 2 min later, he has birdie food that was already digested on his beak!!!! I thought it was really gross, but then I also th ink it's kind of sweet!!! What do you all think about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:04 AM

Yep, Toby tries to feed me all the time. It is a sweet yet gross gesture.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks l ol......sorry that it took me so lo ng to notice, I think it was gone by thet ime I actually was able to get back online after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Alika

Quote:
What do you all think about it
This is just my opinion, so don't anyone go and get too upset...

I discourage it, because I don't think a *mate* relationship is a healthy relationship to have with your birds. When Beeper goes into his courtship and regurgitation dance, I put him back in his cage until he's done. I can never be his mate, and I don't want him thinking it's okay for him to do that. Back when we first brought him home I let him do it because I thought it was cute/funny, but then it reinforced the bond and he started competing with my husband over who got to be my mate. He was very violent with my husband for a long time, and it took a lot of retraining to correct his chasing and biting behaviors... all because I let him think I belonged to him.

Please don't get upset... you asked for opinions.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Jodi's Toby did this when I met him the second time and I was really astonished he'd do it without knowing me well at all. Later in the day he was giving me kisses, so I guess he really liked me.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 11:52 AM

Soda and Pony do it to each other, it's so cute. They look like they're making out. They would never do it to me though. I'm just their lowly human pet.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 09:22 PM

Gillian's favorite is my husband, so she does this for him every now & then.