Bird "Shrink" - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool Bird "Shrink"

There was an article in the paper here today about a woman who (for a fee) will come to your house and "analyze" your troubled bird.

I have a Timneh Gray that I am honestly thinking about spending the money on for this. I realize that Grays are, by nature, rather psycho, but this one has changed completely since I got her.

I bought her when she was just a doughbaby - no feathers, no nothing. Hand fed her and could do absolutely ANYTHING with her. Now between the weeks in bed last year with the blood clot and this year with the knee she absolutely attacks the cage every time I walk by. She likes Bubba a bit more than she likes me but she's just a bully!

So I don't know if it's hormones, me, or what. Any ideas?

Critter

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 01:33 AM

Umm for however much she is charging I will come talk to your bird about his problems. Maybe he is just in adolesence and is trying to show angst to his Mother and Father
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 01:49 AM

I haven't had ALOT of experiance with African grays, but from what I have seen, they are mean! I think they might just be too smart to be pets (does that make sense?...kinda like they're smart enough to think they're better than that...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 03:57 AM

I think it was your lack of time that you had during that time, and shes trying to get back at you. Keep trying and just slowly work with her. They need alot of attention, they arnt generally mean birds, they are just very intellgant. Maybe she is bored too, try giving her more fresh fruits veggies( cut differnt wayS) and maybe even a few new toys?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Yeah, the lack of "love time" definitely made a difference in her. And Liz, they are almost too smart for their own good! I think we may be into a hormonal thing, too. . . .I had her tested and she is definately a female and currently into tearing up all the newspaper she can get to at the bottom of her cage. The other female I had never did that, and I had a cocaktiel that would just lay eggs wherever the urge hit. . . .

Capn, she charges $45 to spend several hours with family and bird, which I don't think is exorbitant. I've wasted more money on less useful things!

And my stress level lately could have something to do with it. . . . .

Thanks for suggestions, guys. Will let you know what we do. It's just hard when any of our pets goes from thinking that you are the greatest thing on earth to acting like you are the enemy.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

Tags
lay eggs