Birdie kisses - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Smile Birdie kisses

Does your fid give you kisses?

Does he/she try to slip ya the tongue?

Toby loves to kiss! And yes, he's a frencher! He likes to heavy breath - he kinda hisses - right before he comes in for a kiss...he'll pin his eyes and say "ohhhhh" or "wow".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 10:01 AM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Eephus (as I'm sure you know, Jodi) would rather pick your teeth, or your nose. Sometimes he'll see how far he can stick his tongue in your mouth though ...
He makes great kissy noises, including the "UMUMUMUMUM" that Greg does when he kisses him.
He'll kiss that birdie in the mirror too.

Sharon
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 10:31 AM

Yes Pedro kisses, and slips me the tongue, and afterwards says pretty bird. LOL Silly bird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 02:14 PM

Yes, Floyd just started giving kisses and makes a kissy noise. I have a silly picture of Floyd giving me a kiss here somewhere..I'll see if I can dig it up.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Oh yes Laurie! We want a kissing picture!!!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 02:54 PM

Well ok...It is good for a laugh! I am really straining to get a kiss from him while telling my husband to hurry before he quits kissing me.

Looks like I'm trying to slip him the tounge!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mom kissing floyd 2.jpg (44.4 KB, 73 views)
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Omg - HOW CUTE!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 07:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

Awww.
I don't have a bird but my dog slips me the tongue, LOL. She's just so fast!
~Jenn

~ MY ZOO ~
2 shelties - Blaze & Pandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 orange tabby - Max
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 guinea pigs - Peaches and Calli
1 chipmunk - Theodore (Teddy)

RIP Pixie

Xander

Jax
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SharonM
Eephus (as I'm sure you know, Jodi) would rather pick your teeth, or your nose. Sometimes he'll see how far he can stick his tongue in your mouth though ...
Uhh yeah...I remember that! I've never seen such a long tongue on a macaw!! LOL

Omg, when Eephus was here he kissed Kenny about a million times....

And if I remember right... Toby was sweet on Sharon...the little traitor sat and kissed her right in front of me!!!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Who knew that the words "bird" and "slipping tongue" could be used in the same sentence?

Rhonda

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 02:46 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Maybe we shouldn't go there, Scarlette!!

Henry loves to give kisses, and he picks Bubba's teeth but not mine. Sweets will make kissing noises - especially if I'm out of the room and yelling for him to give me a kiss.

Do any of your birds try to feed you? All I have to do is take Moji out of the cage and that head starts bobbing; she does it for Bub too. Not a snack I'm crazy about! Henry only sees my daughter a couple of times a year but will always feed her when he sees her - they have a special relationship. Sometimes when we've had him out longer than normal or he's feeling froggy he'll try to feed one of us. One of the guys Bubba works with has had a Gray for 4 years and didn't realize what his bird was doing. Yuck!!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Crittercall
Do any of your birds try to feed you?
YES!!! As soon as we start cuddling, Toby starts bobbing....or when he's really happy and wants to share the love with ya....especially in the evening when he has a full crop and he's getting sleepy and we're loving on the couch....I've cleaned up my share of ABC food! LOL (ewwwwwww!)
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 03:38 PM

ewwwwwwww. Scarlette, I surely never knew this!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Dante kisses Jim- complete with tongue. He also "gurges" on him- and he does it to my son too. It's so gross to clean up!

The head starts bobbing and you know it's coming!

I have kissing pictures... I need to resize and post 'em!

Laurie- that picture is absolutely adorable!! I love it!

[center]

[
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 07:53 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

It was late last night when I was reading and trying to respond - Laurie, that really is a cute picture!!

Henry is our most enthusiastic "make out artist" complete w/sound effects, etc. I don't know of any bird who has a tongue quite like that of a macaw. Henry's isn't quite that .... big.

We went to Gatorland a few years ago and they had a blue and gold in a cage on display. This freaky looking dude was standing there saying "Come on, feed me". I say thanks but no thanks!!

Pip is funny with Bubba (I won't get Pip out of the cage for fear of ceiling fans, etc.) He'll play for a while then just run as hard as he can up Bubba's chest, bite his lip or nose, then run back to his toy. He is really a hoot. I can tell him "Ring your bell" and he'll run to his toy and shake the toy so the bell rings. Bubba can tell him and he looks at him like "You talking to me?"

Ahh, the joys of birds!!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."