Birdies in my Backyard! Pictures! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Talking Birdies in my Backyard! Pictures!

I wanted to share some pictures that I recently took of my little birdies in my backyard. I just love them. They are my year-round friends that I feed.

We started out a year and 1/2 ago with 3 coming to our feeders, now we have over 60 of them that come daily!

Our yard is like a flutter of yellow flying around all of the time. I just love it. And their chirp is so pretty too!

They are little Gold Finches. In the winter, they loose their bright yellow coloring, but in the spring, they brighten up again. It's really cool to watch. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I will try to get pictures of my other little friends that visit too. There is quite the mix out in my yard. It sounds Heavenly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Jird Jostler

Aww what pretty pictures =] Where are you located because here in England i have never seen gold finches that bright. The ones that we have in our trees are more green than gold. =]

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Will It Ever Change?

awww great pics! back home my mom did bird feeders and we had gold finches too! they are so lovely

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! We live in West Richland, Washington. These little guys usually go away in the winter, but I learned that if you feed them year round, they will stay. And, wow, do they multiply! I feel so honored that they are here! My husband has a fit at the cost to feed them, but they make me so happy to watch them. They eat thistle. And thistle around here has gone through the roof in price. He just paid $45.00 for 20 lbs. of it at PetSmart. That's only because WalMart was out of it. My honey loves me. But, if you don't feed them, they will go away. And I love listening to all of the sounds we have here. We have quite the mix! I feel very blessed!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Part of the Pack

aww pretty! i wish i lived in a area that got more birds. we have some chickadees that I raised and released in my area, and a lot of red polls. otherwise I dont think we have enough trees for birds.
awesome pictures!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They are beautiful! They must really love it in your backyard!
I always enjoy your birdie pictures!

Lve Never Fails

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, cute little birdies. I love having birds come to our yard, my dad used to be pretty big into his feeder, but he hasn't had it up in a while.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Very pretty My mom feeds birds too and even when she forgets to fill the feeders, they love eating the berries and seeds out of the gardens.

I can't wait till I have a backyard, I'm definatly going to put up feeders.

Do you ever get hummingbirds? There are sooo many hummingbirds that come to my parents backyard. I got her a hummingbird feeder and they love it, along with some of the plants she has. I think they're my favorite birds.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

oooh, how I wish that I had hummingbirds. Only an occasional hummingbird will visit. Wish I knew how to attract more!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Will It Ever Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
oooh, how I wish that I had hummingbirds. Only an occasional hummingbird will visit. Wish I knew how to attract more!
I think they're into bright colours. reds, yellows, orange and pink. plus you can get hummingbird feeders

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
can't think of one, help

oh, I'm so jealous, my goldfinches have deserted me, for years I had tons of them but now they are gone, I don't understand it at all because I haven't changed seed brands. I have about a dozen feeders out in my yard with food all year round and have yet to see any of my little birdies. I'm so sad
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for deleting my pictures above! I rearranged some photos in Photobucket and it deleted them here. oops. So, here they are again...

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Jird Jostler

They are gorgeous.. In englishland at the moment it is like full time raining even though it is meant to be spring/summer so i don't think we have that many birds about atm.. =[

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.