Birds and decorating - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Birds and decorating

This year I'm going to be decorating my house - I can't put it off any longer. I'm also going to be having new carpets fitted.

I'm wondering about the issue of fumes. The paint will all be water based (if only to save my own poor nose) but what about the new carpet smell? Unfortunately the house isn't very large so relocating Beekle to an undecorated room probably won't remove him from any noxious fumes.

Does anyone have advise on fume risks from water based paint (I assume none) and new carpets (no idea) ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Alika

Since you can't move him far enough to get him away from the fumes, it's probably better to get him out of the house altogether. Do you have a friend whom he could go visit for a day or two, or a place where he's been boarded before?

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alika
Since you can't move him far enough to get him away from the fumes, it's probably better to get him out of the house altogether. Do you have a friend whom he could go visit for a day or two, or a place where he's been boarded before?
Unfortunately this is going to be the whole house and it'll take me at least a couple of months. I doubt I can get it all done in one sitting.

I suppose I'll just have to set myself a proper schedule and get organised. I obviously can't go taking any risks with his health.