Birds for Dogs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool Birds for Dogs

At the bird/exotics show we went to the other day there was a man who had some puppies who were mostly chihuahua, but I don't think he could swear that they were full blooded. He also had a few other mixed-breed looking puppies who were cute, because puppies are always cute - we all know that.

A woman came to the show and decided that she wanted one of the puppies - a black and white chihuahua. Evidently they couldn't settle on a price suitable to each person. She came back to the show and traded a Moluccan Cockatoo and an Umbrella Cockatoo for the dog.

For those who might be unfamiliar, these are pretty much the creme de la creme of the cockatoo family. Worth many dollars. The man we had traded birds with told us about this and said that as soon as the woman walked out he went to the puppy man and bought the two birds from him.

Dena, you'll be happy for me (I think). Bubba called the man last night and explained the problem with the conure - a chronic headache and chronic pain situation don't mix well with their very vocal nature - and he is going to let us bring the Patagonian back to him and get . . . . .you guessed it - Parrotlet(s?)!! I'm so excited about that. They are young enough that they will still be hand fed for a few more weeks which helps with the bonding. The thing that bothers me is that the Patagonian is so attached to Bubba already. He can do just about anything with that bird. I reached to get him to step up on me last night and he bit me pretty hard - more than once. Being on blood thinners I try to avoid situations that make me bleed!!

Will posts pictures as soon as trades are made and I have baby in hand. I think I've figured out how to do that!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:18 PM

YAY!!!!!!!

I think a Parrotlet is the best choice (besides Senegals I think they are - okay so I am a little biased) Just keep in mind that Parrotlets are extremely quirky (in a good way) so when you get him/her you must post a lot! (You should get a female - they tend to be a little sweeter and from talking to the breeder that is owned by his male he says that he would have preferred a female) All that said one is going to pick you anyway no matter what you actually want.

Can you tell how excited I am for you?!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

You're right - they do tend to pick their owner. Which is fine with me. The breeder I'm dealing with said that in her opinion a male is a better pet for a woman. Everybody has a different opinion! She also has senegals. We're going to their house/aviary on Friday afternoon and I'm so looking forward to it. Hand feeding a baby and seeing 70 hand-fed babies in one room! I just love 'em.

I may not bore everybody else with all the pictures, but I will certainly share them with you.

What's is your little bird's name? I know I've seen you mention it (duh, it's probably in your signature line) but can't remember.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 10:38 AM

Can't wait to see pics. I bet they are adorable.

A Muloccan and an Umbrella for a dog. That is a trade to end all trades. I want a Muloccan someday.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 08:20 PM

Her name is Diva. And believe me she lives up to her name!