A boy and his duck - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

A boy and his duck

My seven year old son was having dental problems, another story, but because our dentist is about 60 miles each way, it was an all day ordeal.

I always try to incorporate as many errands into each trip as possible. This would include a pet/feed store for other animals in the family. While there Jack would often get a new hermit crab. He has a beautiful ten gallon tank set up for them.

Well, one day, I had to stop at a different feed store, and trey had just gotten their spring chicks, goslings and ducklings in. Jack just had to have one. It is now full grown and follows him around the house all day.

It grooms the dog and has it's own pool stocked with feeder goldfish in the back yard (the dog steals the duck's fish on occasion) He wanted to name it Tulip because on the day that we got him, Jack was looking at the flower nursery just before finding the ducks. We talked him into naming him Ente, German for duck. His three year old cousin just had to have one also, so here we go back to the feed store. He named his Pato, Spanish for duck. I am the only person that I know of to have a house duck .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gryphon & Ente #2 8-5-04.jpg (23.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Hermit crabs front 7-04.jpg (24.4 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hermit crab