Buca my Senegal - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Buca my Senegal

Hi!
This is Buca my African Senegal. I've had her for several years now since she was 6 months old. She is very tame and I can even hold her in my palm on her back. Buca is a real clown and loves attention. I 've gotten a few nasty bites over the years, but I guess that's part of bird ownership.

Last edited by Linda Lee; 12-02-2002 at 01:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 02:02 PM

Awwww, he is so pretty. Can't wait to see more pics of him.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 02:40 PM

Very cute bird, a nice set up too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 03:10 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

He'll be really happy when he gets some toys!!

Great looking bird. What do you feed him? Are senegals talkers? I've seen them in "Bird Talk" and at a couple of shows,but don't have any experience with them. Of course, I don't have any experience with parrotlets either but I'm learning!

Thanks for sharing - and as bird owners, don't we all have little nicks and bruises?

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 04:16 PM
Erin

very cute bird!

My friend had a bunch of parakeets when we were younger. They were pretty cool.

My mom's friend also had a cockateil, he was great. She'd always have poops on her shoulder

I can't have birds now, b/c of the transplant, but I love to look

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 04:34 PM

I have a senegal too! Yours is very beautiful. I love the orange on her chest. Dante is almost 4 years old (he turns 4 in March) but this picture is when he was about 2 years. I had my share of bites when he went through the puberty thing at 2 but hasn't even tried to bite me since now he just bites everyone else LOL. I socialized him so well too. Just goes to show you that birds will have their own way and their own will no matter what.

Critter - as far as talking goes I wish mine would just shut up sometimes LOL. I have taught him way too much. Maybe you should get a senegal next!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Buca Thanks you for the compliments.
I feed buca mainly zupreem colored pellets (fruit shapes) , my cockateil and Buca really love that food and it's suppose to be one of the best. I do give seeds , veggies and fruit also.
Dena - your senegal has a sweet face. Mine always looks mean, like she's going to attack.
Buca says around 10 words or phrases, not much. Senegals are quiet compared to other types of parrots. Buca lives up to that, which is fine by me.Sometimes she imitates the house fire alarm, which is extremly loud .That's the most noisy she gets,lol.
I know she's a girl because I had her blood dna checked around 6 years ago. I guess they have other methods now.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Have you seen the Eclectus on the calendar? You ought to hear all he has to say!!

So does your entire family have "D" names, Dena? Dante, Diva, Dena. . . . . .

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:53 PM

Very cute! I love my little senegal (ok, moms but you'd think he's mine the way he acts!), whenever I visit my mom he starts screaming my name until I pick him up and cuddle him . Ours seems to be a one or two person bird though, if he jumps on someone else it's just to poop, then he comes running back to me or my mom
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Becki- Buca only likes me , my husband is afraid of him and so is my son, for good reason.
although when my brother came home from Ca , he actually held Buca, and she was very good.

I bet your Mom is jealous of your relationship with her bird, lol
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:38 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

We chose to find another home for the Gray because she would actually throw herself at the cage trying to get to me to bite me - and she used to be my baby! I hand fed her from a dough baby and for a long time she would bring blood anytime that Bub tried to get close to her. Then she swapped from me to him. Talk about a one person bird!

I can't get him to feed either of the babies yet - he doesn't like to do that as well as I do - but he does help by cleaning their containers and he holds them and talks to them. The parrotlet is like handling a premie after dealing with the Eckie and Gray!

CRITTERCALL

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crittercall
So does your entire family have "D" names, Dena? Dante, Diva, Dena. . . . . .
No there is only one more in my household that is a d and that is my dog, Dolce. But I do have a lot of Italian names lol.

Speaking of names have you picked one out for your baby yet, hmm?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:38 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Not really - he hasn't shown enough personality yet! I told Bub I might call him Mr. T Tiny - but Zoe would be angry with me because one of her favorite baby dolls is T Tiny. She wanted to call the Patagonian "Rainbow" and the thing she noticed most about the parrotlet is his pink beak.

Just have to wait and see - he'll present his name to me one day!

CRITTERCALL

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:00 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Buca is very beautiful

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 11:10 PM

Senegals are beautiful! Great pictures.