Chicken Coop - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Chicken Coop

Right I have just got a new chicken and my dad said we need to build them a proper house so I took it upon myself to draw out the plans for the coop my desighns are okay but my dad said the better the idea the more room the chickens will have and maybe we can get some more. soo I'll scan some of my original plans onto the computer today and put them on here I just need some help on designing it to make it better and more fit for purpose then jsut a shed like my origial idea.
I hope somebody can help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
тяєαℓє
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
נυѕтιηє, ρнєσηιχ & вσηgσ

ρσρρу
тιgєя, тσєє, єℓιχ & נєѕѕ

ѕι∂ηєу
нαмѕтєя тнє ιѕн & вσв
нєямιєѕ σмιηg ѕσση
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Right scanner broke so I can't do that
WIll do it ASAP though

тяєαℓє
נυѕтιηє, ρнєσηιχ & вσηgσ

ρσρρу
тιgєя, тσєє, єℓιχ & נєѕѕ

ѕι∂ηєу
нαмѕтєя тнє ιѕн & вσв
нєямιєѕ σмιηg ѕσση
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I can tell you a little how my friends coop was. they had a lot of chickens though so i will scale it down a little.

You could make one about 6'x8'x6' they had the feeders in the front the door in the middle of the front and on the back wall a rack of hutches little 1x1x1' boxes as nesting boxes the floors can slant so the eggs roll down on a ledge or flat so you reach in under them to get the eggs. They can get pecky though when you go steal their eggs.

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thank you

тяєαℓє
נυѕтιηє, ρнєσηιχ & вσηgσ

ρσρρу
тιgєя, тσєє, єℓιχ & נєѕѕ

ѕι∂ηєу
нαмѕтєя тнє ιѕн & вσв
нєямιєѕ σмιηg ѕσση
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Part of the Pack

for ours, we have a cheap shed on sale in B&Q with a wire fence basically from the edges of the shed extending with enough room to fit as many chickens as we need in. we have the door of the shed on the side next to where the chickens can get to so we can get in there and clean it out easily. we put boxes on the back side of the shed so that makes the laying box. we had to block out the windows of the shed because the chickens wouldnt roost in the shed unless it was covered. we put a doubled up trawling net over the top of the run so that birds can't fly in and steal the food.

i hope that makes sense. if it doesn't, just send me a PM and i'll go out and take some photos of it.

how many chickens are you wanting to keep?

Pets name: Cheryl

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

About 5/6

тяєαℓє
נυѕтιηє, ρнєσηιχ & вσηgσ

ρσρρу
тιgєя, тσєє, єℓιχ & נєѕѕ

ѕι∂ηєу
нαмѕтєя тнє ιѕн & вσв
нєямιєѕ σмιηg ѕσση
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Part of the Pack

i'll take some photos of my coop and put it up tonight. i'm at college at the moment, so i'll do it when i get home.

Pets name: Cheryl

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail

Tags
chicken, coop