Confused about Air Filters - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2003, 08:34 PM
parrots4pets

Smile Confused about Air Filters

I am very confused about what air filters I should get. I have four separate rooms I need to get air filters for. I saw one on robharvey.com that looks great. It states it also controls humidity and uses about as much electricity as a light bulb. This is an important consideration.

Please, tell me, what works for you. What you like about your air filter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2003, 03:38 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Are you getting it for general purposes or to control the bird (and food) dust?

We have not had a lot of luck w/air filters and have spent from $50 to $500 for them. A HEPA filter is supposed to be the best. I think part of our problem with them is two-fold; they didn't seem to do anything and I got worn out with their constant humming!

I hop that you can find something that works well, especially with the birds. (I'm gonna assume that if it works with the birds it will work with dogs and cats, too.)

Keep us up-to-date on your air filter solution. It will be interesting to find if you really get hold of one that works well. Could there really be a way to have LESS dust in the house?

What kind of birds own you?

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2003, 12:24 PM
parrots4pets

For pet birds I have a goffin cockatoo, congo grey, green cheek and a blue crown. The grey, green cheek and blue crown were resue birds. I also have quite a few breeder birds.

Other pets I have are 7 Chinchillas, a sugar-glider, four cats and two dogs. I am looking to get another sugar-glider.

I really don't have much hope for finding an air filter. Most of them sound like they are making many empty or impossible promises. I just ordered a surroundair filter. Am going to put it in one of the small rooms to see how it does. Because of electrical problems I cannot use an ozone one.

What I have been doing is concentrating on ventilating the area. Now that it is summer it is working well, but will be a problem again in the winter.

What have you tried that does not work. What animal dander are you controlling?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

From what I've learned your 'too is your biggest supplier of dust among the bird family. I have heard of people who are so allergic to their dust that they have to sale the bird.

It is interesting that while we have been discussing this I got in some new info on Fibro which I passed along to my husband. It suggests that an air filter could often be useful for fibro patients, so he has started out a full-fledged search mission on what is best, whether to get one for each room, etc. I'll let you know what he finds out and when/if he makes a decision.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."