Does your bird like to cuddle? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

View Poll Results: Does your bird like to cuddle?
Yes 24 48.98%
No 19 38.78%
Just wanted to vote! 8 16.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Does your bird like to cuddle?

How many of ya'll have a bird that likes to cuddle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Toby likes to cuddle for at least half hour to an hour every night. He has to have his mama time! LOL

And it's amazing how gentle he is with that big ol beakie of his!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:16 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

My parents Tiel, Abe, doesn't. He'll hiss and bite at you. That or he'll get frustrated and knock his beak on his cage. But he will sit on your finger or shoulder with you. It's merely he is territorial of his cage. But he still doesn't cuddle..

(Oh and hey, he learned how to say Pretty Birdie now! It's so awesome!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:18 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

I have seen Macaws and African Greys and Cockatoo's at Pet Supplies Plus that are BIG TIME cuddle bugs. Someday I would love to own a large bird of the like. Those are my three favorite kind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:33 AM

My bird, Bailey, LOVES my husband and towel time!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bailey1.jpg (17.2 KB, 18 views)
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:34 AM

Yep, Carmen is a total cuddle bug
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTChin
My bird, Bailey, LOVES my husband and towel time!!
Wowsers!! I ain't never seen a bird that loves to be toweled.
I had to vote both yes and no. Because when it is cuddle time he will stick his head under my chin (Eli)(Cockatiel) and make kissy noises. if I don't kiss him back, he gets m ad and pouts then when I do give him kiss, he bites lol. so I only get to cuddle on his terms. but hey as long as he lets me somet imes, it's fine with me lol. We have a rule, before he goes back into his cage, anytime, day or night, he ha s to give me sweet kisses. I say sweet kisses, cuz sometimes his kisses aren't too sweet. Esp when he is startled. I am still learning with him, b ecause my first experience was with sparrows, and they don't bite very hard......lol. he has managed to dr aw blood out of my lip sometimes, when I don 't say sweet kisses, I'm just waiting for him to say that at some point lol.I think that would startle me big time, but he is learning new stuff more and more. And I love him alot.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Herp Nerd

When I got my macaw he was still needing to be hand fed, at that time I did all I could to play with his wings, beak and feet, wrap him in a towel, lay him on his back, and so forth so that he would be used to it. Now he thinks he's independant, but needs a good cuddle every now and then.

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 10:08 PM

My Severe Macaw lives to cuddle with me. He lays in my arms like a baby and wraps his foot(hand?) around his beak, like he's sucking his thumb. When he's really into it he'll lift his wing away from his body for a good scratch underneath. He usually always hangs from the front of my shirt and rides around like that. My Jardine's is very affectionate with me as far as kisses go, but she adores my ex husband and cuddles with him every minute that he spends with her.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 10:00 AM

Beekle is happy to perch on my finger and arm but if I try and cup my hand around him he squirms out. He doesn't seem upset by it - just finds it unpleasant I suppose. I can't imagine trying to cuddle him but then with a budgie the size difference makes things a bit awkward.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 08:02 PM

When I had a parakeet, she didn't much like cuddling ... ummm, unless it was with the curtains in my bedroom ... where she loved to leave behind lots of "evidence".
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 09:51 AM

Cairo (Severe Macaw) is a cuddle monster. When we are playing on the bed at night she will run around then come back and burrow her head under my skirt or in my hand to get a good scritch. I don't think that there is anywhere that she doesn't like to be touched. She will lay on her back in the palm of my hand and let me rub her belly and under her wings. What a sweetie!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 03:51 PM

Yes, and no, I suppose. Ooblar rubs at my hand when I sit her on my computer speaker to hang with my while I type. She'll waddle over to the keyboard and poke at my fingers moving over the letters. I think it confuses her.

As for Gary.. he kind of.. isn't. He cuddles Ooblar! But not me. He likes to bite and wiggle. He's very attached to the dark corner of his cage. XD
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 01:07 PM

It's hard to say, it depends on his mood, though he is quite honorary... but I love his Holier Than Thou attitude! lol Gives him a personality... he's a [email protected]** bird, but he is sweet at times, usually in the morning- in which he insists on "feeding" me... though I rather him keep his expensive food INSIDE...
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 05:42 PM

Yes, but only with my husband

Tags
african grey, pet supplies