Doesn't like me - yet - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool Doesn't like me - yet

I got home yesterday afternoon and I think every bird except Henry bit me. How did I dare go off and leave them?

The new one was just upset to find out that he has to share Bubba, I think. He's a deceitful little snot - all sweetness, fuzzing up those feathers on his head, nodding his head - until I reach for him. He's only brought blood once.

He's a beautiful bird and is doing great with Bubba - which is the biggest deal to me. I think once I get over my trip (which means I've slept most of today and may do the same tomorrow) we'll get serious about making friends. I know better than to try to force myself on him so it will probably take a while. So far he has only said "Hi" and "Hello" so we aren't sure how far his vocabulary goes.

When I get the energy to sit here longer I've got a gazillion pix of Zoe to download then I'll take some of him so you can see him. Just from the pix it looks like Eephous would dwarf him as far as size is concerned.

Speaking of size, Sweets is absolutely HUGE!! He wouldn't eat much for Bubba and is mad at me for leaving him for a few days, so weaning may be sooner than we expected for him! He's not in quite so much of a snit today - but, man, do we need to do something with those nails!!

Promising pix later -

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 01:15 PM

Hi Critter! I'm so glad he (she?) is getting along with Bubba. I'm sure you'll make friends with each other in time.

I can't wait to see the pics (and hear the stories of course!!)....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 03:37 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

:blob2: :blob3: Woo - Hoo ! She's home! I checked 800 times this morning to see if you'd posted about her yet ... missed ya by 20 minutes!
Eephus was ticked at me too, I went to my best friend's - left Sunday am. and came home last night. He was excited to see me, but mad too ... I finally gave up and put him to bed.
I can't wait to see some piccies, this is GREAT ! I bet in a couple of days when she gets a little more settled in, she'll be better towards you. Eephus couldn't handle having Greg and me both at first, it had to be just Greg, or just me. Overload I guess.
I'll be watching for some pictures!
Did you enjoy your trip ?

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 12:22 AM

I was wondering where you have been! LOL I am glad you are home safely and back to your fids!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Ummmm.....is it later yet? Where's those pics?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

Tags
beautiful bird