Duck - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Duck

does anyone have a pet duck? How do you like them for pets? can you potty train them?

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

I used to have pet ducks, and they are pretty cool pets. I had one that followed me around, it was a group of 11 ducklings that were born here and he was kinda like the runt, so he bonded with me more than the rest. I really like ducks as pets, more than chickens or geese. I don't know if you can potty train them, but I think that you can't potty train birds at all, might be wrong, though... someone with more knowledge about birds should answer that one. Mine lived in the backyard, so it didn't matter anyway.

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:22 AM
RAT ADDICT

I cen't really answer your questions,but there used to be a chic here in the city with a pet duck.He was a rescue and well he lived in her house and on rainy days she took the duck out to splash in puddles! It was cute.Imagaine my suprise the very first day I seen him! They were out in the rain and there was a duck in a rain puddle - downtown,St.Johns...where there are no ponds close! Haha.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

When I lived at my parents house we use to have 4 pet ducks. They were really cool, but then the hawk that lives in the area killed one of them even thougth the ducks were full grown by then. We didn't want the hawk getting any more of them so we found them a new home.

I thought they were good pets, they would run up to us everytime one of us went outside, and follow us around the yard. I'm not sure if they can be potty trained though, ours certaintly wern't!

Tags
potty train, potty trained