Duck Direa - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Bird Discussion Discuss your feathered friends here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question Duck Direa

I have two ducks which are both now about four weeks old. They both seem healthy and well apart from their runny poop.
This has been happening ever since they were between one to two weeks old when we started letting them out in the run during the day, before this theire poop was quite solid. We bought them inside at night and after a while of doing this we found that one of the ducklings poop was a little runny. They have been living outside for over a week now twenty-four-seven. They are shut in theire duck house at night with just water and are let out in the morning to eat their growers food and chill in their run for the day...they have a small tub to bath in plenty of clean water feeders throughout the run. but their poop is so watery. I wondered if this was down to them eating the slugs and worms they find in the run considering we do have alot in our garden, We also have some dried meal worms which we mix in with their food. I know they can have runnyer poop after drinking water, but this is constant. Is this normal under their circumstances?
Please don't instantly refer me to go to the vets, I will take them if necessary but I would much prefer advise on how to solve this at this moment. Thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

How runny is it? is it like some solid some runny or is it more water than poo?

Have you given them something for parasites?

I don't have much knowledge of ducks so hopefully someone else will answer you soon, good luck, i love ducks

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

It's hard to tell...last time i could get a good look at it was when one of them was sat on my sisters knee, It did have a small amount of solid in it but the rest just seemed to be water which wet the length of her leg. when I see them do it in their run it's hard to tell because it's grassy in there but it seem just to be brown liquid when it comes out.
btw..the first duck that started with direa has a strange mud fettish, she loves eating soil all the time, although the other one doesn't seem bothered about eating it, the one that does ends up turning all the water in the run brown after washing her muddy mouth out in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

nope..we havn't given them any medicine yet.

Tags
duck, duckling, ducks, poop, poultry